Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply Affects

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Supply Affects Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply Affects - 8/17/2010 5:14:28 PM   
hbrsvl

Hi-v1106g,scen.9,Allies, 12/22/42.

When and how does lack of supply affect LCUs?

At Akyab, the Japanese have 40+K troops.(The Allies have 121+K) On 11/15/42, these enemy units had 628 supplies on hand. They are completely surrounded by Allies LCUs. No convoys have gotten through to them. I have seen no evidence of air supply to them.

So, when does lack of supply affect them? What are those affects?

I'd really like to eliminate these troops, but don't want to incur heavy losses.

Comments and suggestions, please. Thanks, Hugh Browne
Post #: 1
RE: Supply Affects - 8/17/2010 8:18:43 PM   
John Lansford

I'd like an answer to that question too; I've got Chinese units with red supply numbers at their base (<500 IIRC) and yet I see no change in their readiness.  I do know that if you make an amphibious assault and forget to simultaneously unload supplies you can expect to lose your units, but in Burma and China I've not seen much effect.

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply Affects - 8/17/2010 9:00:29 PM   
topeverest

I am assuming you dont have the base in your hands. Remember that surrounded Empire forces react differently than allied forces. refer to page 195 on the specific effects (8.4.2 ground Combat Resolution) Also read 8.4.2.2.1. Put simply, if they fail the respective checks, they will banzai charge or dissolve by individual unit, but they tend to last much longer than similar allied units. IMHO, it is as much about supply in the base as it is combat odds or fort level. IMO, the end of supply is usually the end of resistance.

IMO You should be bombing the port / airfield and forcing enemy to consume supply every chance you get and prevent any fort from being rebuilt, but since certain ai games award bonuses to the AI, you may have to win with outright assault once the fort is gone. I would not be wasting time trying to wait out empire supply attrition.

Andy M

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply Affects - 8/17/2010 9:57:30 PM   
hbrsvl

topeverest-That's my problem-the Allies own Akyab; it is an Allied base. The Japanese only have forces in the Akyab hex.

After Japanese forces got into Akyab hex, I got Allied LCUs into each of the three surrounding hexes. When I hit the "w" key all hexes around Akyab show an "A".

Allied forces supply is in the green,whatever, showing at least 2 times Allied supply needed, even with massive Allied air at Akyab.

Any other comments/suggestions? Thanks, HB

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply Affects - 8/18/2010 7:30:15 PM   
topeverest

AI game under harder-est difficulty can give Empire supply. Otherwise or in addition, historically Pelilieu battle lasted 80+ days IIRC. Okinawa and Iwo...The game does a good job of mirroring this type of battle.

It takes time to reduce the stalwart empire desperation morale once cut off and in hopeless situation. IMO you need to attack from the air every turn and make at least bombardment attack on ground every day. That will reduce available supply. Periodic deliberate attacks. IMO, eliminating supply reserves are the key to eventual total victory - just dont expect it to take only a week or two.

Hope this helps.

Andy M

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Supply Affects Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI