Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or disruption

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or disruption Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or disr... - 8/14/2010 6:41:54 AM   
tacfire

Hi, in my game against the AI, I am trying to capture Singapore as the Japanese. To be honest Singapore has been one tough nut to crack for me. I have been bombing it hard for over a month now, and I have been attacking it on and off with my ground troops for a good month now too, including some bombardments. But the AI defenders have stayed in good shape, even though they have some 20+ units stacked in that town. My curiousity finally got the best of me, and I did something I never do. I loaded the game from the allied side just to see what was going on inside Singapore. To my surprise the town only has 20 supplies left for some 20+ units and its been that way for at least a few days now, maybe longer (but I only save turns back a few days so thats as far back as i can check). And the land units defending the town have almost no fatigue or disruption.

I thought when a town is out of supply the units inside rapidly loose their fighting capability. I am playing with the latest patch. Could this be a bug? or is this one of the advantages the ai gets against a human opponent? Maybe I am missing something here too - I don't know, but I would like to understand whats going on.

< Message edited by tacfire -- 8/14/2010 6:55:00 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or ... - 8/14/2010 7:21:40 AM   
Puhis

Keep in mind that units have supplies too. Base can have 0 supply, but units might still have decent supply level.

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 2
RE: Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or ... - 8/14/2010 2:10:29 PM   
VSWG

What AI difficulty setting are you playing? IIRC at "very hard" (or maybe "hard") the AI never runs out of supplies.

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 3
RE: Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or ... - 8/14/2010 3:24:36 PM   
Sredni

The AI cheats in a lot of different ways, even on normal difficulty.

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 4
RE: Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or ... - 8/14/2010 6:45:39 PM   
tacfire

I am playing the game on historical difficulty for the AI. I also looked at the supply inside the units. Although the base was out of supply, the units still had some supply inside them. It does look like the supply inside the units dropped a little for some of the units during this time. I will continue to monitor it. Thanks.

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 5
RE: Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or ... - 8/14/2010 6:51:53 PM   
Rainer

AI doesn't cheat. Only Humans can cheat.
AI does what the programmers told it to do.
We all know AI needs some adjustments to be a moderate challenge for Human Players.

WitP/AE
1.7.11.23x10 beta
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 6
RE: Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or ... - 8/14/2010 6:54:58 PM   
Alfred

The Heavy Industry in Singapore will continue to produce supplies provided there is a stockpile of the necessary raw materials. This Heavy Industry generated supply will first go to partially refill the unit, leaving no surplus to restock the base stockpile.

Alfred

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 7
RE: Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or ... - 8/14/2010 9:41:42 PM   
tacfire

Yes, the industry in the city is the problem. There are still resources in the town and the industry is still producing supplies. Those supplies were going into the units keeping them in good shape. I need to bomb the industry now. Thanks.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 8
RE: Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or ... - 8/15/2010 1:56:20 AM   
Xxzard

If you bomb the industry, you will need to fix the industry, and that costs a lot of supplies.

If I were in the situation, I would try to bomb the units (assuming you have good air superiority) to disrupt them, then when you think you have a favorable AV ratio, launch a shock attack with all units.

A few things to remember about land combat:
-Bombardments cause fatigue in your own units, so it is not always the best idea to bombard. Only use artillery units for full time bombardment.
-Combat uses supply. This applies to attacking and defending. Enough attacks will wear out the enemy in this situation.
-Shock attack adds strength to your attack(adjusted AV). It is true that you may take higher losses in case of a failed attack, but a deliberate attack has a lower chance of succeeding. That is why in most cases where I believe I have the advantage, I use shock attack. (I did not do this in old WITP, but I believe the routine has been changed significantly.)

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Enemy troops have no supply but show no fatigue or disruption Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI