Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Couple more questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Couple more questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Couple more questions - 8/9/2010 9:57:33 PM   
rich12545

1. Is it pretty easy to take out the tanks and add infantry to an existing scenario in the editor? Easy to make an all infantry scenario that way?

2. And is terrain/buildings destructible?

3. Will there be detailed instructions on the scenario/campaign editor including the script?

4. I saw where you can't just play any scenario, you have to finish one in order to play the next. Can this be bypassed?

5. Is it possible to change the number of turns and other stuff in the stock scenarios/campaigns or is that fixed?

6. Can you publish the link to the online manual? It might not be the most comprehensive document but it's more than is available now.

I get my next ss check in a couple of days and will buy one game in the next month so I'm trying to get as much info as necessary.
Post #: 1
RE: Couple more questions - 8/9/2010 10:11:48 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I can give a quick answer to

Yes terrain can be 'blowed up'. Haven't noticed if blowed up buildings is less cover yet (have not paid enough attention to be honest.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 2
RE: Couple more questions - 8/9/2010 10:17:04 PM   
Pford

+1 for #4.

Side note: towed artillery in 2x defensive positions (sandbags?) seem nearly impervious to tank HE. I had an arty piece pounded from a few squares distance by a pack of MK4s, continue firing and actually swivelled during the barrage to KO an Italian tank on the periphery. The Germans had to take it out with an inf assault. You'd think once it had given it's position away the clock was ticking on its existence.

Great game, tho. Cute but with considerable depth.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 3
RE: Couple more questions - 8/9/2010 10:34:10 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

1. Is it pretty easy to take out the tanks and add infantry to an existing scenario in the editor? Easy to make an all infantry scenario that way?

2. And is terrain/buildings destructible?

3. Will there be detailed instructions on the scenario/campaign editor including the script?

4. I saw where you can't just play any scenario, you have to finish one in order to play the next. Can this be bypassed?

5. Is it possible to change the number of turns and other stuff in the stock scenarios/campaigns or is that fixed?

6. Can you publish the link to the online manual? It might not be the most comprehensive document but it's more than is available now.

I get my next ss check in a couple of days and will buy one game in the next month so I'm trying to get as much info as necessary.

1 - yes, very simple. Just make a local copy of any campaign, and you can tweak the forces very simply with the built-in editor.

2 - Not strictly. There is cosmetic damage to buildings and terrain, but no changes. This could easily be scripted however if you wanted to include it in the model.

3 - There is already some documentation on how the scripting works in the Modding Portal (linked from the Program Files shortcuts), and we are expanding it all the time as we get questions in on specific areas.

4 - Playing in order prevents players from taking on very hard missions without learning the lessons of prior ones.

5 - You can alter mission parameters in a customised scenario by simply altering the values in the mission script file. Just drop a query in the scenario design forum if you need specific help on a script.

6 - I'll find out whether that is something we can do.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 4
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 2:49:10 AM   
rich12545

Sounds good.  Couple more things if you don't mind.

1.  Will the game take advantage of multiple core computers?

2.  When setting starting positions for units in a scenario, can you set a random start between several points?

3.  Do houses and buildings have multiple stories?  If so, can infantry units go to them and utilize them to advantage?

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 5
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 2:53:09 AM   
junk2drive

#1 game is low req these days and runs fast on my single core.

#2 nothing random yet (check the Slitherine forum)

#3 no, single story only and only one level of ground height.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 6
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 3:30:45 AM   
rich12545

No hills?

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 7
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 3:41:27 AM   
jomni

The game has hills.

My Blog
Random Wargame Name Generator

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 8
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 3:57:50 AM   
junk2drive

Sorry I meant one level above ground level.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 9
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 4:10:13 AM   
rich12545

I went over and looked at the Slitherine forum.  It looks better all the time and I'll probably get it when my check gets deposited.  So, when are you going to make a Pacific theater mod?  

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 10
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 4:19:15 AM   
junk2drive

I'm working on it now. Steep curve for an old man.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 11
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 4:48:18 AM   
rich12545

Heh, I know the feeling.  I go on medicare in a few months.  Anyhow, you just gave me another reason to buy the game.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 12
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 4:59:49 AM   
junk2drive

I've got the main flag working, the overhead marker, the turn indicator flag. I can't get the caro armato or infantry to show up as "Japanese Ha Go" and "Japanese infantry".

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 13
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 5:53:34 AM   
rich12545

Not to worry.  I have confidence you'll work it out.  I think the terrain will be the real challenge.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 14
RE: Couple more questions - 8/10/2010 6:20:52 AM   
junk2drive

I've got palm trees and sand from the desert and scrub and such from France so I should be able to get some reasonable terrain. Huts might be a challenge but most of the real structures should be European style.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy >> Couple more questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI