Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Invisible Chinese

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Invisible Chinese Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invisible Chinese - 8/5/2010 12:37:53 AM   
Zigurat666

Do the Chinese have paradrop capability in Feb 42? I just had a base taken by a large chinese unit which was not visible during my portion of the turn and it appears to have quite a few guns in it for a paradrop mission?? The adjoining hex had a single chinese unit and one of my units which are both still there and has never had a movement arrow shown.In addition my unit came from due east of the base so IIRC enemy units cannot pass through the hexside leading to the base via land.

If it is a paradrop,Im somewhat surprised by the size. I cant even drop that much as the Japs with most of my transports.

Ground combat at Kanhsien (81,57)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 4873 troops, 43 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 190 <<-------((5000 troops and 43 guns!!! WOW))

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 0

Allied adjusted assault: 93

Japanese adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 93 to 1 (fort level 2)

Allied forces CAPTURE Kanhsien !!!

Combat modifiers
Attacker: leaders(-)

Assaulting units:
58th Chinese Corps

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Invisible Chinese - 8/5/2010 1:47:00 AM   
Deserted Fox

Howdy,

Being the "opponent" in this case, no, there was no parra drop. It was just a land unit that had used their legs to get there.

I have noticed however, that sometimes (rarely) Chinese units are not showing on the screen when they are actually in the hex. I am also playing a game as the Japanese and noticed this a couple of times.

I found it was quite easy to ascertain if there was a Chinese unit in the hex by giving a unit movement orders that should direct through that hex, but the orders show it going around the hex in question.

Maybe this needs to go to the "support" forum.

Cheers,

Mark

(in reply to Zigurat666)
Post #: 2
RE: Invisible Chinese - 8/5/2010 2:29:45 AM   
hjalmar99

Maybe it WAD.

(in reply to Deserted Fox)
Post #: 3
RE: Invisible Chinese - 8/5/2010 5:53:52 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Invisible units on your own side sound like a possible check in the tech forums. If you don't spot enemy troops it could well be lack of recon and FOW.

Enjoy your game chaps.

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to hjalmar99)
Post #: 4
RE: Invisible Chinese - 8/6/2010 11:00:34 AM   
xj900uk

In those chinese mountains it is possible to hide an entire division and it never be spotted or contacted by th eother side...

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 5
RE: Invisible Chinese - 8/6/2010 3:04:01 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zigurat666
The adjoining hex had a single chinese unit and one of my units which are both still there and has never had a movement arrow shown.

Numerous times when I was engaged in PBEM I was moving an LCU from hex's with big stacks where the movement arrow is hard to see if able to be seen at all. It seemed like the further to the end of the stack the LCUs where the easier it was to hide the movement icon (atleast on my screen). I figured my opponent wasn't seeing my movement because I didn't see any reaction until I was in the next hex. I'm not talking about normal movement from one hex to another but critical cutting off of units where reaction should have been instant atleast in my estimation.

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 8/6/2010 3:10:10 PM >

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to Zigurat666)
Post #: 6
RE: Invisible Chinese - 8/7/2010 11:56:18 AM   
Sharkosaurus rex

If it was a paradrop then the battle would have been shock attack, this battle was a deliberate attack though.

Is Sharkosaurus rex the biggest fish in the sea?
Why don't you come in for a swim?

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Invisible Chinese Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI