Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

design.txt file

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> design.txt file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
design.txt file - 7/31/2010 8:32:25 PM   
Igard

I'm attempting to create a design.txt file for the Star Trek mod. I think there's something the game is not reading properly in the text. It could be that I've used too many apostrophe's or too many double worded names.

At first the game was starting fine and playing for about 10 minutes before the fps started to slow and the cpu was at full capacity.

I changed a few things. Then, I got a 'cannot start this game' message.

With the text file I have now, the game has started and a few minutes in, CTD.

I've attached the file. I'm not sure I like the random naming system anyway. Please see the Modder's wishlist thread for more info on what I would like to see done with the design.txt file.

Attachment (1)

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird
Post #: 1
RE: design.txt file - 8/2/2010 12:47:23 PM   
tjhkkr

Me too. Igard, I got the same exact thing. When I went back to the DW original file, everything loaded fine. I too added to the design file and it blew up on me, same exact problem. It makes me think it is not me but rather a bug in the game.

For Matrix and CF, I played the daylights out of the game on vacation and had zero ABENDs. The scout ships acted a little peculiarly but other than that it was good.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 2
RE: design.txt file - 8/4/2010 6:31:09 AM   
tjhkkr

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I would really like to know. Perhaps I will try to modify it again, and if it chokes, then perhaps it is a bug not a bad character somewhere embedded in the fire.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 3
RE: design.txt file - 8/6/2010 10:54:07 PM   
tjhkkr

Igard, were you ever able to get your design.txt file to work. So far, I have not. It automatically ABENDs when the game starts up.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 4
RE: design.txt file - 8/6/2010 11:47:15 PM   
Igard

tj, It either ABENDs, bogs down the cpu or doesn't star the game. Here's what I experienced;

Small changes to design.txt - Play for approx 10 mins until cpu shoots to 90 - 99%

A few more changes - Play for a few minutes then CTD

Alot of changes - When clicking 'start game' DW replies with 'Could not start this game'.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 5
RE: design.txt file - 8/9/2010 4:15:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thanks, we will take a look.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 6
RE: design.txt file - 8/11/2010 4:36:43 AM   
tjhkkr

Thank you!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> design.txt file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI