design.txt file

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Igard

design.txt file

Post by Igard »

I'm attempting to create a design.txt file for the Star Trek mod. I think there's something the game is not reading properly in the text. It could be that I've used too many apostrophe's or too many double worded names.

At first the game was starting fine and playing for about 10 minutes before the fps started to slow and the cpu was at full capacity.

I changed a few things. Then, I got a 'cannot start this game' message.

With the text file I have now, the game has started and a few minutes in, CTD.

I've attached the file. I'm not sure I like the random naming system anyway. Please see the Modder's wishlist thread for more info on what I would like to see done with the design.txt file.
Attachments
designs.txt
(5.26 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
tjhkkr

RE: design.txt file

Post by tjhkkr »

Me too. Igard, I got the same exact thing. When I went back to the DW original file, everything loaded fine. I too added to the design file and it blew up on me, same exact problem. It makes me think it is not me but rather a bug in the game.

For Matrix and CF, I played the daylights out of the game on vacation and had zero ABENDs. The scout ships acted a little peculiarly but other than that it was good.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. [X(] I would really like to know. Perhaps I will try to modify it again, and if it chokes, then perhaps it is a bug not a bad character somewhere embedded in the fire.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Igard, were you ever able to get your design.txt file to work. So far, I have not. It automatically ABENDs when the game starts up.
Igard

Post by Igard »

tj, It either ABENDs, bogs down the cpu or doesn't star the game. Here's what I experienced;

Small changes to design.txt - Play for approx 10 mins until cpu shoots to 90 - 99%

A few more changes - Play for a few minutes then CTD

Alot of changes - When clicking 'start game' DW replies with 'Could not start this game'.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks, we will take a look.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Thank you! [&o]

Return to “Tech Support”