Found colony ship with sleeping wekkarus

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Mozo

Found colony ship with sleeping wekkarus

Post by Mozo »

It says they are "very unfriendly". Do I use them? (I'm human) to colonize? Will they be part of my empire if I do? And if not, do I scrap the fleet? And if I do that will they then live on the planet I scrapped them on.

Thanks for any advice,

Mozo
Starfry

RE: Found colony ship with sleeping wekkarus

Post by Starfry »

Scrapping the ship will erase the colonist so i suggest you use that ship to colonize so you can start exploiting ocean planets with the Wekkarus income bonuses.
jscott991

Post by jscott991 »

Yes, in 1.04, something like this was essentially game over in the early game. You would start colonizing ocean planets galore with colonists from the wekkarus world and you would outstrip the AI ridiculously in colonies very fast.

They've done a good job trying to mitigate that.
Wayston

Post by Wayston »

when you scrap them the people inside just disappear I think; scrapping will give a technology boost but you're better off using them to colonize.
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Please delete this post!
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

ORIGINAL: Starfry

Scrapping the ship will erase the colonist so i suggest you use that ship to colonize so you can start exploiting ocean planets with the Wekkarus income bonuses.

Remember that a colony module holds 25M or more depending on tech, and migration will quickly fill the planet with Humans.
The dominant race on a planet determines the type of race used on a colony ship from that planet.
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

Definitely use them. In this case their unfriendliness isn't a concern since you helped them.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

In this case their unfriendliness isn't a concern since you helped them.

They will always have a negative modifier if they are in the majority. Also racial bonuses start to apply at 1% total population so it is worthwhile to assimilate.
SirHoraceHarkness

Post by SirHoraceHarkness »

You can hold on to that colony ship until a good ocean world with a high rating shows up in your territory and you have better recreation bonuses so they don't immediately rebel when you found the colony. It also makes sense to send along a troop ship or two so even if they do rebel the rebellion gets crushed until the happy level goes up.
Intel i9 11900k all core oc@5.3 - 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 DDR4 CL16 - EVGA RTX 3090 24gb FTW3 Ultra - MSI Z490 A-PRO Mobo
LordMM

Post by LordMM »

Thats ok, colonize an ocean planet and turn it into a penal colony.
It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly, than to live somebody else's life with perfection.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”