Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Modders Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: Modders Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Modders Wishlist - 7/30/2012 1:48:15 PM   
Tyrador

After playing a lot of games in spiral galaxy maps, I found that habitable planet placement (Continental and Marshy swamp)is a very dumb and nonsensical! That is because they are not spread out property and are in close packs.

So my suggestion is to add modifiable galaxy generator txt. file!

(in reply to rogerbacon50)
Post #: 181
RE: Modders Wishlist - 7/30/2012 8:03:02 PM   
Igard

Tyrador, I play alot of spiral maps too, but I haven't noticed that issue with planet placement. Maybe I just havnen't noticed it.

A modifiable galaxy map would be immensely cool. I think what we need is the ability to save a map using the editor. The tricky part for the devs would be to make each game start with that map, with each race in their correct starting positions ie, on their own homeworlds.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 182
RE: Modders Wishlist - 7/31/2012 11:37:06 AM   
Tyrador

Strange, every time i play 7x7 map with 700 stars and scarce habitable planets, I get very weird continental planet placement...

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 183
RE: Modders Wishlist - 7/31/2012 1:51:41 PM   
Igard

You could be right. I haven't played a map that size for a while. I seem to remember something being mentioned a long while back about dispersal of planet types, but I'm not sure.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 184
RE: Modders Wishlist - 8/23/2012 7:44:30 PM   
MartialDoctor

I have a whole list of things I'd like to have modifiable.

AI Behavior:
AI Military Spending - even though it's there now, the high level is very, very low. I'd like more levels with the highest being one where the AI spends most of it's money on military, saving little.

Other AI Spending - although not as important as military, it'd be nice to be able to mod priority to other the fields (expansion, resource gathering, technology). This would be especially useful if the costs of ship / base parts are allowed to be modded as I request below.

AI Ships - ability to put a blueprint for the AI to follow for individual ship types. Or something of the sort.

AI Negotiations:

Mod how the AI values anything that you can trade as well as wars / sanctions. It would be great if you could change individual paths along with levels (i.e. Some races value military techs more, others energy). If techs become modable, this last part might not be necessary.

Economy:

Ability to mod the cost and maintenance of individual parts.

Ability to mod the base cost of resources.

Technology:

Ability to mod what each tech actually does. In this way, technologies can be changed.

Ability to mod how much each tech is worth for each race.

I think those are all the big ones I'd like to see. It would allow actual mods that change the way the AI and the game plays a bit.

< Message edited by MartialDoctor -- 8/23/2012 7:49:26 PM >

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 185
RE: Modders Wishlist - 8/23/2012 9:19:42 PM   
Pymous

Damn forgot about this master topic,
So some copy pasta:

It would be great to have some "dimensions" control of "displayed ships picture size" in Starmap.
I mean actually I would like to display only small symbols for ships (like triangles, squares, circles, ...) but I can't because if I try to put some 20x20 pixel image, it will be stretched ingame to match some standard ship size.
There is no need to delete this scaling effect (ships get bigger as their hull size increase) but maybe can you allow us to "divide by a number" initial ship sizes?

It would be really great and I would be able to continue total conversion work :)

Thank you anyway for reading,

(in reply to MartialDoctor)
Post #: 186
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: Modders Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI