Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch #1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Patch #1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch #1 - 7/18/2010 5:57:30 AM   
Arjuna

Hi all,

Just to let you know that we have just uploaded another replacement Game exe for our beta testers to test. This fixes all critical issues bar two. These two are very rare and because of their nature are not easy to track down. I will continue to pursue them, but will at this stage press on with the patch #1 regardless. If the testers give us the thumbs up by the end of the week, I'll ask Matrix to prepare a new installer for the patch. We'll then ensure this works OK and release it publicly.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Post #: 1
RE: Patch #1 - 7/18/2010 6:15:00 AM   
Sheytan

Bravo!

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch #1 - 7/18/2010 11:52:30 AM   
stian

Good news
I suppose we will get a full list of fixes in the readme of the patch?
Btw, what were the bugs you have been unable to track down?

(in reply to Sheytan)
Post #: 3
RE: Patch #1 - 7/20/2010 2:42:11 AM   
Chad Harrison

Perfect timing, getting ready to do a new AAR. Will wait for the new patch then before diving in.

Keep up the great work!

(in reply to stian)
Post #: 4
RE: Patch #1 - 7/23/2010 7:53:40 PM   
Johnnie

On June 18 all reproducible crash bugs were supposed to have been fixed. A month has passed and still no patch. Disappointing.

(in reply to Chad Harrison)
Post #: 5
RE: Patch #1 - 7/23/2010 11:56:27 PM   
Grim.Reaper

It was mentioned earlier in the thread the patch could be given to Matrix at the end of this week, any chance for an update?  Did that happen or do we have a revised time frame?

Thanks.

(in reply to Johnnie)
Post #: 6
RE: Patch #1 - 7/23/2010 11:58:37 PM   
Arjuna

That was so at the developers end. But as part of the quality assurance process, we go out to a beta test team as well as running autotest's 24/7. These did produce more errors. In any event, the testing this week has gone well and I plan to do up a full release build for MAtrix to build the installer from. The installer will then be tested and then it will be released....probably at the end of next week.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Johnnie)
Post #: 7
RE: Patch #1 - 7/24/2010 9:27:52 AM   
killkess

Arjuna... any plans for compensations?

If this software would have been a car, the seller would have got it back within 1 hour.

< Message edited by killkess -- 7/24/2010 9:28:01 AM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 8
RE: Patch #1 - 7/24/2010 10:58:20 AM   

None of these problems were found during the beta test?

(in reply to killkess)
Post #: 9
RE: Patch #1 - 7/24/2010 2:18:06 PM   
simovitch

The crashes are somewhat random - some experience them and some don't. This game is extremely complex and at the time of release there were no critical bug reports coming in from the auto-testers or the manual testers. I understand the frustration from the paying customers that are unable to play every scenario in the game but believe me, when the game was released everyone testing the game was able to play the it without crashing to disk.

We started testing version 148 of this game in April 2007 and the release version I believe was 226. Thats nearly 80 builds over 3 years that were tested and at the same time developed scenarios for, including the research, mapping and the documentation.

This game is a niche within a niche market. Frankly I'm grateful that Dave and Paul made as far as they have without having to take up day jobs to support their families (as is the case now.) Please be patient.

simovitch

(in reply to Topo)
Post #: 10
RE: Patch #1 - 7/24/2010 3:10:26 PM   

I believe what you say.
I asked this because the problems seem to appear immediately after release, for many people.
I was absolutely certain that the game was stable, and in fact I bought the just released; also the high price seemed justified for me.
I've been patient for two months and will continue to be, only next time I'll try the demo first.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 11
RE: Patch #1 - 7/25/2010 4:41:30 AM   
Arjuna

The BFTB Patch Build 4.1.232 is uploading to Matrix now. They will work up the installer and we'll test that before releasing it to the public. If all goes well, this should be ready next weekend.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Topo)
Post #: 12
RE: Patch #1 - 7/26/2010 12:05:53 PM   
GBS

Would it be alright to ask for a list of fixes now?

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 13
RE: Patch #1 - 7/26/2010 4:10:52 PM   
Templer

I like to see it too.
And the additional new features please.

"Arjunas list" - something which we can be pleased?

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 14
RE: Patch #1 - 7/29/2010 11:23:23 AM   
JeffK

Ah, we want the old game fixed but also want new, untested, features added.

You wonder why there are delays in getting these things on the market and patches distributed.

I have not found any problems with the game, but I dont do silly thing on my pretty basic laptop. The only thing running is the game, if I want to do other things I stop playing.

Maybe my patience comes from having bought numerous lemons over the years from S&T & SPI which might have been totally unplayable, except in the rare cases where addenda became available you had to workout your own setup or Combat Results Table.

Maybe the biggest mistake in this (and other Matrix releases) is giving too much notice of works in progress, I'd keep you wondering until I was sure the product was ready for release.

If this software would have been a car, the seller would have got it back within 1 hour.

When did you last pay $100 for a car

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Templer)
Post #: 15
RE: Patch #1 - 7/29/2010 5:22:05 PM   
killkess

quote:

I have not found any problems with the game, but I dont do silly thing on my pretty basic laptop. The only thing running is the game, if I want to do other things I stop playing.

It seems you are a lucky man because it looks like many many people do have problems with your software. You guys actually did some betatesting on different computers at all?

quote:

When did you last pay $100 for a car

Nice way to speak to a dissapointed customer.... dont expect me to pay for your software in the future.

< Message edited by killkess -- 7/29/2010 5:23:04 PM >

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 16
RE: Patch #1 - 7/29/2010 5:42:38 PM   
RayWolfe

quote:

ORIGINAL: killkess
Nice way to speak to a dissapointed customer.... dont expect me to pay for your software in the future.

Erm, you seem not to know that this is a public forum and JeffK is a member of the public?

(in reply to killkess)
Post #: 17
RE: Patch #1 - 7/29/2010 5:55:49 PM   
Floyd

quote:

ORIGINAL: killkess

Hwg, and you are running this on a MickeySoft OS for which you get updates and patches
to fix lousy programming every two weeks ... do you ask Billy for "compensation", too?

(in reply to killkess)
Post #: 18
RE: Patch #1 - 7/30/2010 4:19:47 AM   
Arjuna

We have just announced the public beta of Patch 1. See: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2535271

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 19
RE: Patch #1 - 7/30/2010 5:19:08 AM   
killkess

quote:

Erm, you seem not to know that this is a public forum and JeffK is a member of the public?

Actually i realy thought he is an official. I am not used to the forum ranks. "Matrix Legion of Merit" looked like an official to me.

(in reply to RayWolfe)
Post #: 20
RE: Patch #1 - 7/30/2010 5:24:13 AM   
killkess

quote:

Hwg, and you are running this on a MickeySoft OS for which you get updates and patches
to fix lousy programming every two weeks ... do you ask Billy for "compensation", too?

So to say: There is no reason Bill should compensate me.

On the other hand im still using XP Pro since years. Even when i installedit the first time it was stable enough to be used in a regular way, unlike BFTB which isnt playable for 10 minutes.

< Message edited by killkess -- 7/30/2010 5:25:09 AM >

(in reply to Floyd)
Post #: 21
RE: Patch #1 - 7/30/2010 6:02:46 AM   
bretg80

Beta patch seems to fix issues I was having. give it a try

(in reply to killkess)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Patch #1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI