Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.5.0.8 Monsters immune to Area-Weapons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.5.0.8 Monsters immune to Area-Weapons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.5.0.8 Monsters immune to Area-Weapons - 7/18/2010 12:50:06 AM   
Schussel

hey

in my current game i had a step in the major quest to go to a dead zone for the next clue ... the zone was filled with great amounts of Kalthors ... so i decided to build me few Capitals with Devastator Pulse to annihilate those crabs ... sadly the pulse has no effect on any of them ... it would be kinda strange for a superweapon that kills of all biological life not to effect stellar biology .. wouldn't it?

game save is provided... in the save the battle is underway in sector A8 Dead Zone ... 4th fleet is the one with devastators (i gave each one 2 of em)

beware its a pretty large game (1400Stars by 9 AI) save is located here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b29b0hb/n/Irken_2777-06-19.dwg or on your ftp: ftp://beta.matrixgames.com/schussel_immune_monsters_18072010.dwg

any more info needed? PS: there seems to be an issue wih ship ai in gasclouds or those special zones.. as you cant set fleets on patrol or such they keep forgetting that they are in battle if the players doesnt give any new target to them.. so those multi enemy encounters are a pain if there is a short distraction ... above kalthors ripped through my 10 capital fleet in mere seconds while they did nothing than watch after killing the first focus PPS: why is there Area Weapons if the only ships you seem to be able to kill with are own ships ... even pirates seem highly resistant to area weapons

cheers :)

< Message edited by Schussel -- 7/18/2010 4:05:42 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1.5.0.8 Monsters immune to Area-Weapons - 7/19/2010 4:33:44 AM   
elliotg

Thanks for that report. This has been fixed in the next version.

(in reply to Schussel)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.5.0.8 Monsters immune to Area-Weapons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI