Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 12:08:18 AM   
Don Bowen

The latest Beta patch (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2523358 ) introduced an option to show patrol zones for multiple TFs at the same time (item 75). The documentation for this enhancement did not get into the release. Also note that this feature, like the Next/Previous TF feature, interacts with the display settings on the TF list screen (Hot Key ‘t’).

I believe this is a full description of the features and their interactions.

TF List (Hot Key ‘t’) will show active TFs, with an ability to narrow the list. Players can order display of all TFs or narrow the display to show one/some of Air Combat, Surface, Sub Ops, Transport, etc. TFs. Whatever selection is made on this screen is remembered and used as a filter for two other functions (below).

The existing Next/Previous TF functions will step through on-map TFs, displaying them in sequence. Only those TFs that match the selection criteria selected (above) will be displayed. For example, if the player has selected to display only Sub Ops TFs on the TF list screen, the Next/Previous TF keys will step through the Sub Ops TFs on the board. Also note that there are two variations of Next/Previous. Use of shifted ‘<’ and ‘>’ will move to the next/previous TF and display the TF screen for that TF. Use of the same keys un-shifted (actually ‘,’ and ‘.’) will move to the TF but not display the TF screen.

The new Show All Patrol Zones function (Hot Key ‘6’) will show all patrol zones for TFs that match the previously specified selection criteria. In the Sub Ops TF example, only patrol zones for sub TFs will be displayed. Note that patrol zones for all selected TFs will be displayed and the display only shows that actual patrol zone (not the approach path from the TF’s currently location to the patrol zone). If the patrol zones overlap the display can become confusing.

Neither Next/Previous nor Show All Patrol Zones will display off-map or delayed arrival TFs.

Post #: 1
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 12:34:34 AM   
Reg

Thanks Don for your rapid and comprehensive post.

This sort of reply is exactly what I think was needed for a new function as it covers everything one should need to know.

I'm sure it will forestall any questions by others on this new function as well (if they read this post ). Would be possible to put a section with this sort of info for user interface changes in the 'Whats New' file in any future releases?

Thanks very much for your time,

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has introduced a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 2
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 12:50:20 AM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

Thanks Don for your rapid and comprehensive post.

This sort of reply is exactly what I think was needed for a new function as it covers everything one should need to know.

I'm sure it will forestall any questions by others on this new function as well (if they read this post ). Would be possible to put a section with this sort of info for user interface changes in the 'Whats New' file in any future releases?

Thanks very much for your time,

I am no longer involved in support of AE. Patch 4 was my swan song. Just a "Da Babes" modder now!

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 3
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 1:06:19 AM   
witpqs

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 4
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 2:36:59 AM   
Charbroiled

Don....Thank you for all that you have done and for being an enabler for us "junkies". The time and sweat you have put into AE is very much appreciated!!!!!

"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 4:28:44 AM   
ckammp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

Don....Thank you for all that you have done and for being an enabler for us "junkies". The time and sweat you have put into AE is very much appreciated!!!!!

+1

AE is a masterpiece!

Thank you to Don and all the devs for their hard work, dedication and willingness to spend so much of their time giving the game such great support!

And thanks also to Don, JWE, et. al. for "Da Babs" mods - great job!

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 6
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 5:12:27 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Hi Don .. really useful function and great work on both AE and Da Babes .. many many thanks.

BUT

quote:

I'm sure it will forestall any questions by others on this new function as well (if they read this post ).

Being a bit optomistic there Reg

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to ckammp)
Post #: 7
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 5:43:26 PM   
Rainer

Pity. Big loss.
Sincerely hope someone with your experience and determination will take over.

A big thank you.
Cheers
Rainer

WitP/AE
1.7.11.23x10 beta
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 8
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 8:00:42 PM   
LoBaron

Havent tried it out yet but this is a huge improvement for sure. Thank you for that!

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 9
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 8:17:20 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

Pity. Big loss.
Sincerely hope someone with your experience and determination will take over.

A big thank you.
Cheers
Rainer

Support is being provided by Michaelm and, of course, Joe Wilkerson. Don't worry all, you are in very good hands.

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 10
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 8:23:55 PM   
Bradley7735

I'm a sad panda to see you off the AE team. But, I'm happy that you can spend more time enjoying the game, instead of working on it. Many, many thanks to you (and the rest of the team) for all your hard work.

bc

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 11
RE: Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. - 7/18/2010 9:31:27 PM   
Rainer

Most reassuring.

But both are younger than you, and they lack your experience in certain areas (not programming)

PS: Not to be misunderstood - Michael and Joe are great guys. I think Michael's support goes way back to the old PacWar days if I'm not mistaken.
I still will miss your contributions, especially GUI and playability.

WitP/AE
1.7.11.23x10 beta
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Show all TF Patrol Zones and Show Task Force settings. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI