New v1.01.06g Public Beta Now Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Erik Rutins

New v1.01.06g Public Beta Now Available!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks again for your support while we continue to improve War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition.

We recommend that if you are experiencing any serious issues with the last official update, that you give this beta update a try. This update will work fine with existing saved games. If your old save file continues to have issues, please start a new game.

Here's how to download this update - because it's a public beta, you need to get it from our Members Club. Click on the Members Link in the top nav bar. If you haven't created an account there yet or registered your copy of War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition, please do so. Once logged in and registered, click on "My Games" then click on the "Private Downloads" link next to Distant Worlds and you will see a link to download the public beta update.

Please note that once this becomes official, it will be available through our normal download and update process (in the Latest Downloads section and through the "Check for Updates" link on your game menu) but we do not like to release public beta updates widely until we are sure they are good to go.

v1.01.06g – July 13, 2010
• Fourth Official Update – Public Beta – This release is a comprehensive public beta release updating all previous versions to v1.01.06g.
• Code Changes

1. Fixed LCU type issue to address fragments explosion problem.

2. Fixed Underflow issue with supply on ships.

3. Adjusted position of 2 fields on plane upgrade path screen.

4. Global change affecting "All ... on ship in hex" also changing random groups.

5. Fixed issue with CS convoys.

6. Fixed repair message in menu.

7. Fixed TF meet and merge issue.

8. Corrected issue with unload of return cargo for CS Convoys.

9. Corrected issue with unloading Barge TFs at non-base hexes.

10. Interface Improvement: Prevented display of Repair Ship repair option on ship screen when no Repair ship is available.

11. Changed the "flying" message for transport supply/troops to show the adjusted plane number.

12. Fixed the special ordnance slots to stop incorrect reports.

13. Fixed base screen showing when picking from group or TF list; mouse moved and changed underlying hex location.

14. Fixed some carrier groups can't withdraw plus typo stopping CV groups from withdrawing.

15. Interface Improvement: Allowed direct specification of CS Convoy outbound and return cargos.

16. Correct standoff error for TFs moving to disputed bases and already past last waypoint.

17. Fixed issue with refueling from barges that can lead to loop.

18. Fixed some sort positions were incorrect for wide screen resulting in sort menu failures.

19. Changed Pilot 'captured' to 'MIA' to allow chance to be recovered.

20. Fixed 'Leading Pilots' to show last plane type pilot flew when attained a kill.

21. Fix to prevent AI TFs from refueling that would take them past heavy CD bases.

22. Adjustment to text on air group screen.

23. Adjustment to button on TF create screen.

24. Allow parent on ship and fragment on land to swap if in same hex.

25. Fixed wrong pilot experience being used to avoid balloon attacks.

26. Interface Improvement: Added a new minimum range to the naval bombardment mission. This is normally the minimum range of all Naval or DP guns on the ships in the TF and indicates the closest distance that a TF needs to close with the shore to fire all it’s normal guns. Also tweaked Naval Bombardment

27. Gameplay Change: Changed supply loss due to AF/Port hits to be relative to the effectiveness of the device hitting the base.

28. Fixed base of a scuttled ship in the Sunk Ship report

29. Added a check on number of planes in an AI TF to determine if it should return to base for replenishment.

30. Added additional refueling check for intermediate refueling under Auto Sub ops when rebasing to a new home port.

31. Gameplay Change: Changed Fast transport reaction to air threat.

32. Fixed possible air group reinforcement deadlock; if there are no planes are in the pool for the group, none being produced and aircraft is no longer available, then let group arrive with no planes.

33. Fixed an overflow of the mouse message which could wipe out display of bases on the map.

34. Positioning of last TF accessed in "All TF" list was not carried forward on the list.

35. Fixed the endless manual replenishment of CV groups from VR groups when out of range of bases. [Check was originally looking just for any replenishment group with the right type of aircraft in range, but it drew the planes from the pool only. So if no pool, no manual pull off CVE].

36. Fixed incorrect units show up outside of the bounds in a small map scenario.

37. Fixed getting land replacements, even for device mismatches.

38. Fixed splitting of air groups to check for any fragments in air reinforcement queue before allowing.

39. Fix to allow group fragments to disband in most cases (like parent not in play anymore).

40. Fix to the situation where Allied aircraft don't appear in amimations due to the Allied aircraft bitmap ‘0’ not defined.

41. Fixed AI offmap repairs for small maps.

42. Gameplay Change: Capped the maximum Detection Level. The maximum is 10, but this can be increased a few points before being brought back to 10.

43. Added protection against groups dropping into some of the old AI controlled zone code. This was done previously for army/base/TFs.

44. Gameplay Change: Change to visual sighting rules for aircraft. This will limit the pre-CAP AAA phase for Allied air attacks to what was originally intended.

45. Gameplay Change: Change to Naval Bombardment mission so it tends to engage Fortress unit in the target hex more often.

46. Gameplay Change: Change to DP guns firing in AAA mode; effect has been slightly lowered when engaged in AAA combat. This complements the decrease of AAA guns when used in Naval Bombardment mode.

47. Added hooks for revolving ship art similar to aircraft.

48. Tweaked Japanese ramming attacks as it was ending up too high (a certainty) for 1945 attacks. Message has been changed slightly.

49. Tweaked center-mounted weapons on LBA/patrol aircraft when in A2A mode

50. Fixed Australian and NZ force activation due to Japanese invasions.

51. Change to cater for non-standard mixed groups on CVs. It was creating groups with '0' max size.

52. Added new command switch to suppress the introduction video "-skipVideo".

53. Fixed Air search radar on aircraft not always being counted if the device # is > 255.

54. Fixed the wrong LCU weapon being used during an invasion. This was producing the error like “Sound detector penetrates ship’s side”.

55. Tweaked Invasion fire/counter-fire to speed it up some.

56. Fixed the last carrier resize was not always working. Resize not always handled correctly if change was past due.

57. Fixed TF Picking up wrong LCU after a parent/fragment swapped;leading to TFs going off to enemy bases.

58. Fixed Groups unloading in port failing sometimes.

59. Fixed Rockets from ships to be classed as bombardment device.

60. Gameplay Change: Tweaked/Added possible unit fatigue if naval bombardment fails to cause hits; dependent on modified (by fort/terrain) 'effect' of the device.

61. Gameplay Change: Discard saved waypoints on follow/meet of TFs .

62. Gameplay Change: Replenish fuel at base for Tankers.

63. Fixed Carrier 're-size to fit' was not changing group's size; introduced by previous fix to 'last re-size'.

64. Gameplay Change: Changed To alleviate re-size issues, players can set the ship's group size as part of the 'resize to ship' option.

65. Added Option NOT to use rotating images -fixedArt

66. Fixed - not all reported ships partake in reply fire during landings.

67. Changed Limit the expenditure of AAA weapons during bombardments.

68. Changed New TFs created with same DL as original.

69. Fixed resize bug shown by earlier fix.

70. Killed LCU unit when ship is scuttled.

71. Added army loss points to un-rescued devices.

72. Fixed 'Dead' fragments could sometimes become 'live'.

73. Allow 'orphaned' LCU fragments to be disbanded.

74. Fixed Refuel bug.

75. Interface Improvement: Added Show all patrol zones for player.

76. Corrected reattaching subgroups to parent group.

77. Added check to catch cases where ships and LCUs are on wrong side.

78. Changed LCU fragment swapping to avert possible errors when LCUs killed.

79. Fix graphics left behind by air groups for HQ.

80. Fix Error in conversion/upgrade time.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Jones944

RE: New v1.01.06g Public Beta Now Available!

Post by Jones944 »

75. Interface Improvement: Added Show all patrol zones for player.
Nice![:)]
"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war" - William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"
DrewBlack

Post by DrewBlack »

Cracking timing thanks team!!![X(]
WitE2 - Alpha Tester/Beta Tester
Wite: 1.10 Beta Tester
Wite: Lost Battles Beta Tester
WitW - Beta Tester
RUDOLF

Post by RUDOLF »

QUESTION

The changes above, is that changes between the "d" version and the "g" version ?
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

As always...great job! [:)]
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

since we are at beta for "g", does that mean that "d" is official? i seem to have missed "e" and "f"...maybe i should just give up waiting for an "official" patch to start a new game...
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

I'm wondering in the latest patches, have there been significant changes to the ASW/Subwarfare routines? The Allied submarine AI in my current game is being extremely agressive for a change. I didn't see anything listed about about it, but I could have overlooked it or am just having really bad luck since the patch. [:'(]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: RUDOLF

QUESTION

The changes above, is that changes between the "d" version and the "g" version ?

Inclusive - all changes for patch 04
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

since we are at beta for "g", does that mean that "d" is official? i seem to have missed "e" and "f"...maybe i should just give up waiting for an "official" patch to start a new game...

No. These are all cuts of patch 04.
Hopefully, 'g' will become the official patch 04 release.
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Shark7

I'm wondering in the latest patches, have there been significant changes to the ASW/Subwarfare routines? The Allied submarine AI in my current game is being extremely agressive for a change. I didn't see anything listed about about it, but I could have overlooked it or am just having really bad luck since the patch. [:'(]

I don't recall any changes to ASW/sub code for this patch.
Michael
jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

ORIGINAL: RUDOLF

QUESTION

We have many internal releases - the public beta release contains all changes - which are documented in the change list.
AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Clarification:
1. Standard rule: "When a Chinese LCU is destroyed, it returns in 30 days at 33% of TOE." It was found in some instances that the Chinese units didn't always get rebuilt. The Chinese units will now be properly rebuilt whenever destroyed.
2. Enhanced rule: "When a non-Chinese sub-unit LCU (/A/B/C) is destroyed, it returns in 30 days at 1% of TOE at the nation's home base." In order to keep split unit integrity, I decided to rebuild any destroyed sub-unit LCU. This prevents fragments from getting lost and permits the reforming of the parent LCU. In addition, when a sub-unit is destroyed, it is removed from the list of units making up the parent. The last change will allow parent LCUs to be reformed from any surviving sub-units rather than the required 'all present rule'. The 1% devices are free and are not taken from the pool - assume that they are remnants of the old units. Normal device replacement fulfillment will be required after the unit arrives.

The new code impact:
1. It will rebuild any existing destroyed Chinese LCUs upon the first load of an older save. This will cause several Chinese units to suddenly show up in the reinforcement queue due in 30 days. After that, the corrected 'kill LCU' code will apply.
2. Several sub-units (regardless of side) may be rebuilt at 1% upon the first load of an older save, based on the state of the parent. The two changes - rebuilding the subunit and removing the subunit from the parent reform list - are actually mutually exclusive. Only one is in reality needed. [I coded the two pieces a week apart and had some family concern between them which broke my concentration.]
In the future, the rebuilding of the subunit will be done away with and the parent will be able to 'reform' as long as there are at least one active subunit available. Once ALL the subunits are destroyed, then the parent LCU will be marked as destroyed.

In addition, the new code will 'rebuild' a parent LCU shell (no devices) if a fragment is found on the map with a destroyed parent. (The parent-fragment swap does not work if either unit has be killed off.) The fragment will then swap with the 'rebuilt' parent so that the parent (rather than fragment) unit will be available on the following turn. If it is decided that the LCU fragment can't be attached to a parent LCU, then the fragment will have the 'Disband' button available and the unit can have its devices added back to the pool.

Michael
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

ORIGINAL: Shark7

I don't recall any changes to ASW/sub code for this patch.

Lucky me I guess. [:D] Every game is different, this one is just seeing very agressive AI sub use then. Thanks for the reply.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

Doh you are fast guys! I didn´t even have time to test the latest beta in detail. [X(]

Great work and thank you.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Thanks for the tremendous ongoing support. 

MM- greatly appreciate the insights and the support.
Pax
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

The answer may be staring me in the face, does this fix the issue with the US carrier planes changing to their 43 strength in 42?
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: oldman45

The answer may be staring me in the face, does this fix the issue with the US carrier planes changing to their 43 strength in 42?

Might be this:

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Might be this:

Number 80 on the list of changes in the update text file isn't in Bold print indicating a change from the previous beta. I understand oldman's confusion.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

I know, it's just a guess on my side, since changes from previous beta are not highlighted (hint, hint). [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

item 69. Fixed resize bug shown by earlier fix.

Item 80 actually refers to the ship conversion/upgrade issue.
Michael

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”