Allied Ship withdrawal

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Arnhem44

Allied Ship withdrawal

Post by Arnhem44 »

Hi all,

Okay, here's my problem, I've gone through the threads regarding ship withdrawal and have done all I think I need to do but am still unable to send Her Majesty's tugboat on her merry way. Please feel free to hit me over the head with the proverbial frying pan if I'm doing it wrong.

I've got a Brit CV disbanded in Colombo due to withdraw in about 2 weeks, trouble is it's laid up with 52 float and 42 eng damage, both major. I read in one of the threads that as long as the combined damage is below 100 I can withdraw the ship but as it turns out I can't. Now I know I can withdraw from Colombo as I have the option of withdrawing a disbanded CL from there as well. Any idea what condition I haven't fulfilled? Do I have to really haul her off map to get her withdrawn? I'm getting conflicting data from the past threads which is adding to my general sense of confusion.
JeffroK

RE: Allied Ship withdrawal

Post by JeffroK »

Is your CV in the shipyard??

I think it has to be "available" to be able to be selected.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

I haven't been able to withdrawal from colombo, but Karachi and Cape town.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Bombay or Karachi are bases where withdrawals are possible in India. Or off-map bases.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

With that much damage though you may want to wait until at least the Flt is down a bit before moving to Bombay or Karachi.
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

I thought you could use Colombo, I've never used Karachi or Bombay in AE???

I could also be wrong, only happens regularly.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Well..if she sinks, no need to pay PP anymore...[:D]

52 float should be OK if there is not much Sys damage (which includes pumps etc.) High Sys/High Flooding = disaster usually.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

Send her to Bombay or Karachi; can't disband at Columbo.  Heaven knows I've tried often enough to know this by now.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

You must have your legs crossed the wrong way, in AE I have always disbanded in Colombo and just checked and I am (pretty sure) I'm right.
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

A ship can not be withdrawn if total damage is over 99 OR any individual damage is over 50.

Colombo is a valid withdrawal port.
Don D

Post by Don D »

trouble is it's laid up with 52 float and 42 eng damage, both major. I read in one of the threads that as long as the combined damage is below 100

I believe the rule is combined below 100 and all individual components below 50.

Ah, I'm too slow.
Arnhem44

Post by Arnhem44 »

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses and thanks Don for the clarification on the damage levels.

Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Send her to Bombay or Karachi; can't disband at Columbo. Heaven knows I've tried often enough to know this by now.
Bombay or Karachi are bases where withdrawals are possible in India. Or off-map bases.
I haven't been able to withdrawal from colombo, but Karachi and Cape town.

Don Bowen:
Colombo is a valid withdrawal port.

Hm, I find it strange to see three members of "Matrix Legion of Merit" giving false advice.
Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate all messages, but I also expect the more experienced players to consider that many a newbee is looking for advice in this place.
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
Sredni

Post by Sredni »

ORIGINAL: ????

You can withdraw ships from some of the national home bases and any offmap port. You can withdraw a ship 30 days prior to the withdrawal date. and later. If you do not withdraw by the withdrawal date, the daily political point penalties start.

On map withdrawal locations are:
San Francisco
Vancouver
Karachi
Sydney
Wellington

Any ship of any allied nationality may withdraw from any of these ports. A ship may be withdrawn in a damaged state. Repairs will be completed offmap and the repair time will delay the return of the ship. That is, a ship that is due to return in 10 months but with damage that would take 2 months to repair will return fully repaired in 12 months.

When a ship scheduled for withdrawal is in a valid withdrawal port and is within 30 days of withdrawal (or later), a button will appear to accomplish withdrawal.

This is the info I have on withdrawals and valid withdrawal locations, I can't recall who or where I got it from. I'm pretty sure I havn't been able to withdraw ships at colombo or at bombay. I havn't tried to do so for ages though so I'm not 100% sure on that. My last british CV is withdrawing in another month and it's still staged in colombo. I'll give it a try there next time I play.
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

That's the point I was trying to make.
We probably should have a system of "Authorized Statements" [;)]
Which we have: just look for posts from Don Bowen et al.
Then again - feedback and shared experience from the community is invaluable (even devs haven't seen EVERYTHING within this vast chunk of software).
Just let's make sure we all have a chance to know what is a piece of advice and what is a (well meant) guess.
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Colombo has not worked for me as withdrawal port, in any scenarios I have played. So respectfully, I don't think it's set as withdrawal port at least in scen 1 and derivatives. I always have to send ships to either Bombay or Karachi.

Rainer

Post by Rainer »

I do not doubt your observation at all.
My experience is different (scen 1, Allied against Japanese AI, latest beta patch).
I could sucessfully withdraw all British ships from Colombo as required (Current Game date July 22, 1942).
Therefor I believe your case should be investigated, meaning next time a withdrawal of a British ship is due I recommend to try, and in case it fails to post a save with the appropriate "noise", so the devs have a chance to look at.

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I have not been able to withdraw from Bombay after building it to level 9, but Karachi does work.
ckammp

Post by ckammp »

Ship Withdraw

A ship may withdraw from any off-map port or from any TF that is off-map.

On-map withdraw is allowed as follows:
 - Any level 9 port.
 - National home ports of United States/Canada/India/Australia/New Zealand, regardless of the port size.
 - Any level 7 or larger port on the US or Canadian West Coast.
 - Any level 7 or larger Indian port E of Ceylon (including Ceylon).
 - Any level 7 or larger port in SE Australia, plus Perth.
 - Any level 7 or larger port in New Zealand.
- No ship can be withdrawn from an on-map port where the enemy has air superiority.
- For on-map withdraw, a ship's total damage may not exceed 99 and no individual damage type (system, floatation, engine) may exceed 50.
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

Wouldn't it be great if the post from ckammp was a mouseover pop-up on the ship withdrawal screen somewhere? One that could be easily changed (e.g., in a simple txt file) when the underlying code was modified.

... and then thousand other little nifty details, too.

sigh [8|]
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”