Mini map has either black bar or is completely blurred with black bar

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
chiroho

Mini map has either black bar or is completely blurred with black bar

Post by chiroho »

I've just started playing the game, and for the first couple of battles the mini map seemed fine. However, now while it looks okay during setup mode, as soon as I start the battle I run into one of two problems.

1. There is a large black bar at the bottom of the mini map
2. The mini map is blurred and unreadable.

Once I ran into the second situation, I deleted the contents of the Temp folder, and this restored the mini map to okay but with the black bar. But after a battle the next shows the mini map all blurred again.

I'm attaching screenshots of the mini map with these two symptoms.

I'm running at 1680x1050 resolution, and don't recall having a problem with the mini map with either The Longest Day or Wacht am Rhein.

Please let me know if you'd like any additional information.

Thanks,
Rob
Attachments
Screenshot..problem.zip
(37.05 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
RD Oddball

RE: Mini map has either black bar or is completely blurred with black bar

Post by RD Oddball »

I don't think we'll need any other information. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We'll take care of it. Thanks!
chiroho

Post by chiroho »

The problem seems to have something to do with the size of the map, because I just played the Wolfheze map and it displayed perfectly. Those I know I had problems on were squarer in shape, whereas Wolfheze is longer and thinner.

Also, after the battle is completed, the map on the battle report is also displayed in the same blurred state.

Hope this helps with identifying the problem.
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

Thanks for the extra info Chiroho. I'll pass it along. The extra info certainly can't hurt. Thanks!!
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

There is some stretching and scaling that goes on to match the mini-map background graphic (from the disk file) to the area it's displayed in on the screen.  I suspect what you're seeing is some sort of issue with stretching the graphic specific to your video card / driver.  You might try using a different display resolution for CCLSA to see if that affects the problem, or running in Windowed mode vs. full screen.

Do you see the red and blue unit indicators and the VL markers correctly?

chiroho

Post by chiroho »

The video card I'm running is an EVGA GTX 470 and I'm running the latest drivers from nVidia. My default resolution is usually 1680x1050, but I switched to 1280x1024, and 1152x864 running in both windowed and non-windowed mode and the same problem occurred.

I can also reproduce it without even having to go into a battle. For example, I select that I want to play the battle on Grave between the KG 712 ID and the Princess Irene Brigade, and if I say "View Map" then everything looks okay. However, if I select "Back" an then "View Map" again I see the image below.

I guess it could be my monitor, but I don't recollect having this problem on either Invasion Normandy or Wacht am Rhein.

When the map itself is blurred, the VL markers and the red and blue unit indicators both appear correctly.

Attachments
GraveMap..Windowed.jpg
GraveMap..Windowed.jpg (121.86 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

It is not your monitor as the image outside of the map screen area is fine.

It has to be with your DirectX or video card drivers. I would update both to the latest versions.

DirectX latest version is June 8/2010:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/r ... FC422D1388

Nvidia Drivers:
If you are already on the latest Nvidia drivers you could try going to an older driver (they have broken things in the past in new drivers)
chiroho

Post by chiroho »

I've updated my DirectX drivers to the June 2010 release, which is the latest available from the Microsoft site. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to resolve the problem.

I'm on recent Nvidia drivers, but have had this issue with two different versions. When I played WaR and TLD on this machine, I was running a 9600GT video card, probably with 182.50 version drivers. I had no issues with maps. When I first started playing LSA I was running a GTX 275 on Windows 7 64bit, and encountered the problem running version 196.21 drivers. Since then I've upgraded to a GTX 470, and updated my drivers to 258.96, and the problems continued on the same maps. So it seems to me the two variables here are Windows 7 64bit (which I'd think would be better than the Vista 64bit I was using previously), and the updated video card and drivers.

I'm certainly willing to try different versions of the Nvidia drivers, but I would like to know whether these cards and drivers have been successfully or used anywhere before I do too much fiddling - and to give me an idea of what combinations work. Especially since, as the GTX 470 is a fairly new card, I'm limited in what drivers I can use.

Oh, and I should note that when I played WaR again the other day I noticed the same map problem. So that does seem to suggest a card and driver situation.

Thank you for your help to date.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Based on your comments it does seem to be related to the newer Nvidia cards/drivers.

I use Windows 7 64bit with a Nvidia 9800GTX+ with drivers 197.45 and have no problem with the maps at 1920x1200....

Edit: it is probably worth reporting the problem to Nvidia
arnhem1944

Post by arnhem1944 »

Hello!

This is very frustating i have the same issue on all Close Combat games. I have the new Gigabyte 460 OC 1GB card.
This seems to be an compability issue with the new Nvida 4 series cards. What can we do to solve this.

Kind Regards

Airborne
arnhem1944

Post by arnhem1944 »

Hello!

As an old Close Combat gamer i have tried everything to solve this issue. Post anything on Nvidia forum is useless nobody answers.
The Nvidia support is impossible to get help from as an ordinary user. I think the people that develops the Close Combat series must contact Nvidia in this matter. So we get an fix on this issue. Because this will effect the developers of the Close Combat series both in sale and support tickets when people upgrade their systems to newer Nvidia Graphic Cards. I know that not every body upgrades to Nvidia Cards some people buy ATI insted. But the people that buy Nvidia Cards are so many that it will get you support a headake if this problem is not solved. I think this must go thru the right channels to be solved and that is that the people responsible for the Close Combat series contacts Nvidia and reports this issue.

I would be greatefull if somebody on the forum that have contact with the developers sends them this post.

Kind Regards

Sorry for my bad english!
Airborne
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

RE: sending your post to CC developers - We've seen your post Arnhem1944.

FYI - I use Nvidia cards and have not had a single problem with this or any other for that matter. They've worked flawlessly for me. As Tejszd posted above he uses Nvidia with no problems either. I'll make a report in the event it turns out to be something we can do something about.

Please tell us what model card you are using Arnhem1944.
arnhem1944

Post by arnhem1944 »

Thank You for your answer!

I have a gigabyte 460GTX OC 1GB. This seems to be a problem with the new Nvida 400 series cards. I had a 9800GTX before and dident have this issue. I have friends with the same problem and all of them have some kind of card in the new 400 series. This need to be solved because or it will be a major issue in the future when people upgrade their computer graphic cards. My screen looks exactly the same as the picture posted by chiroho.

Please help us solve this problem!

Kind Regards
arnhem1944
Airborne
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Please try running the game at a 4:3 scale resolution (like 1024 x 768) just to see what results you get.

Thanks,

Steve
arnhem1944

Post by arnhem1944 »

Hello Steve!

I am what you would call an advanced user so i have tried everything i know to fix this problem. The thing you suggested was the first thing i tested before posting on this forum. As i stated before i have friends that also have this problem and all have a Nvidia 400 series card. And all say the same that the problem first accured after upgrading their system to a Nvidia 400 series card. I am no expert on drivers but the only thing i can see is that must be a compability issue with the Nvidia 400 series drivers.

Yours Faithfully

Arnhem1944

All other games i have runs perfect the compability issue is only in as far i am concerned the Close Combat series!
Airborne
TheReal_Pak40

Post by TheReal_Pak40 »

Don't all Nvidia cards use the same drivers unless you have an OEM card and use the OEM drivers provided from the computer manufacturer?
arnhem1944

Post by arnhem1944 »

Hello!

No all cards dosent use the same driver. For exampel the new Nvidia 460 card has only one WHQl driver for the moment. That means you cant downgrade to an older driver.

Kind Regards
arnhem1944

I hope Matrix Games can help us that have the new Nvidia 400 Cards with a solution to this problem!
Airborne
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

Have you tried using a different cable?
ImageImage
arnhem1944

Post by arnhem1944 »

Hello!

Yes.

Vga, Dvi, Hdmi all the same. As i have told before this problem occurred after updating to a new Nvidia 400 series card. I have friends with the same problem and the thing we have incommon is that all off us have some kind
off Nvidia 400 series Card.

Kind Regards
arnhem 1944
Airborne
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

Just ran an Nvidia GT 200 series fine... 
ImageImage

Return to “Tech Support”