Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

how is damage chance to oil and refinery calculated ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> how is damage chance to oil and refinery calculated ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how is damage chance to oil and refinery calculated ? - 7/4/2010 11:05:05 AM   
David The Great

We are in the stage of defending DEI and wondering how the pc calculates the chance of doing damage with engineers, I know the more the better, what we are looking for is some numbers regarding the damage we can expect. Does the game calculate a chance of damaging each point of industy separatly or is it a chance that a squad does any damage at all. Also can a squad do more then one point of damage and so on. Any numbers and data from games played is welcome to bring some light in the darkness.
The more we play the more questions we have.
Post #: 1
RE: how is damage chance to oil and refinery calculated ? - 7/4/2010 1:30:48 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: David The Great

We are in the stage of defending DEI and wondering how the pc calculates the chance of doing damage with engineers, I know the more the better, what we are looking for is some numbers regarding the damage we can expect. Does the game calculate a chance of damaging each point of industy separatly or is it a chance that a squad does any damage at all. Also can a squad do more then one point of damage and so on. Any numbers and data from games played is welcome to bring some light in the darkness.
The more we play the more questions we have.

HIGHLY variable... (or it was in regular WITP - i suspect the codes are the same, but don't know for certain)... the more (intact) engineers in the hex, the more chances that stuff will be destroyed/sabotaged when the base falls, but, in some cases the hex can have no defenders, and the oil/resources will be 100% destroyed... this is presumably civilian action... the chances of the civilians doing much is very low, however (i've never really seen it happen in my games).

(in reply to David The Great)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> how is damage chance to oil and refinery calculated ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI