Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ship dramatically losing experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ship dramatically losing experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ship dramatically losing experience - 6/28/2010 7:11:54 AM   
castor troy

Hi

Is this a bug I don´t know of or is it a feature? I´ve got a damaged capitol ship and it´s losing experience more or less daily. I wondered why the damage control is failing all the time as soon as I move the ship out of a port so I´ve checked the experience history with tracker and was shocked. Both day and night experience were halved, but not at once, since the ship got damaged every couple of days the ship crew lost experience. A capitol ship having the experience of a low value merchant taking damage is doomed of course as you will never be able to move it somewhere as the damage control will always fail.

Can someone enlighten me?

thanks

< Message edited by castor troy -- 6/28/2010 10:12:45 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: ship dramatically losing experience - 6/28/2010 2:05:21 PM   
bklooste

If you loose a  lot  of crew you would expect some loss  ,but not half ???  However if a ship goes in the docks for 12 months most of its crew will end up elsewhere so it will often come out with a almost green crew.

Underdog Fanboy

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 2
RE: ship dramatically losing experience - 6/28/2010 2:47:11 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bklooste

If you loose a  lot  of crew you would expect some loss  ,but not half ???  However if a ship goes in the docks for 12 months most of its crew will end up elsewhere so it will often come out with a almost green crew.

since when do ships lose "crew"? My other heavily damaged ships haven´t lost a single point of exp, they actually gained experience from being in the batlle (and getting trashed). Same goes for the ship I´m talking about, she gained a couple of exp points the turn she took part in the battle but lost dozens of exp points in the following 20 turns. I only noticed that there must be something wrong because I got "damage control failing" messages all the time as soon as the ship left port trying to get to a shipyard. I looked at the experience and was shocked. No other damaged ship showed a decrease in exp, no matter how much damage it took. And the decrease happened in the following turns over three weeks.

(in reply to bklooste)
Post #: 3
RE: ship dramatically losing experience - 6/28/2010 3:33:38 PM   
Don Bowen

There is a slight chance of crew casualties under certain circumstances. Ship must be heavily damaged and a random check passed. If this is what is happending, you should see messages in the combat events file. Either:
Damage control parties trapped by fire
or
Damage control parties trapped in flooded compartment

The experience hit is significant as casualties to fire and flooding may include others than damage control parties.

For you to see this for multiple turns indicates a heavily damaged ship and some rotten luck.

If you do not think this is the case, post a save.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 4
RE: ship dramatically losing experience - 6/28/2010 4:51:20 PM   
Deca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen
There is a slight chance of crew casualties under certain circumstances. Ship must be heavily damaged and a random check passed. If this is what is happending, you should see messages in the combat events file. Either:

or

The experience hit is significant as casualties to fire and flooding may include others than damage control parties.

For you to see this for multiple turns indicates a heavily damaged ship and some rotten luck.

Excellent & very interesting information

"In times of war, the Devil makes more room in Hell"

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 5
RE: ship dramatically losing experience - 6/28/2010 5:49:03 PM   
tocaff

It was common for an experienced crew to lose men to new ships joining the fleet so the green crew members had somebody with experience to learn from.  

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to Deca)
Post #: 6
RE: ship dramatically losing experience - 6/28/2010 6:16:52 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

or

many thanks for this info Don, very much appreciated. It´s actually the message above that seems to be responsible for the exp decrease. As you can see below, I was actually hit 7 times so I don´t know what big bag of bad luck I´m carrying around all the time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> ship dramatically losing experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI