Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Quick question on Bombarment TFs ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? - 6/27/2010 8:20:11 PM   
che200

How do you make Bombardment TFs bombard during the AM phase as the CD at Truk is taking its toll on my BBs, I am using the latest patch with Bombardment set at 30k yards.
Post #: 1
RE: Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? - 6/27/2010 10:55:30 PM   
Yakface

No possilbe for ships in a bombardment TF. It's either night or after the airphases, nothing in-between.

(in reply to che200)
Post #: 2
RE: Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? - 6/27/2010 11:19:08 PM   
che200

How do you get them to hit after the airphase?

(in reply to Yakface)
Post #: 3
RE: Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? - 6/27/2010 11:38:56 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: che200

How do you make Bombardment TFs bombard during the AM phase as the CD at Truk is taking its toll on my BBs, I am using the latest patch with Bombardment set at 30k yards.

Bombardment range was usually about 1/3 of maximum range to keep accuracy acceptable. The CD guns were much more accurate than warship guns, particularly at long range.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to che200)
Post #: 4
RE: Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? - 6/28/2010 10:05:49 AM   
Yakface

You organize for them to arrive during the day phase. If you leave them on mission speed they will always arrive at night, so you have to change them to a fixed speed (whichever is most appropriate between full and cruise).

Once you've chosen your speed, there's a number of ways of organising things - using waypoints or just make sure the approach means the ships won't manage to get there during the night phase. Recognise that they are going to be there for the entire day phase and suffer any strikes, and also will not retreat afterwards as there are no more naval phases.

(in reply to che200)
Post #: 5
RE: Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? - 6/28/2010 2:07:39 PM   
bklooste

At 39K range your effect will be 1% of 10K range .....ie it will be a waste of fuel.

Underdog Fanboy

(in reply to Yakface)
Post #: 6
RE: Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? - 6/28/2010 4:32:12 PM   
che200

@Herwin agree with you about naval Bombardments Ships Vs Forts, Forts win.

@Bklooste if you try to bombard truk which is a level 9 Fort, at night your BBs get plastered but if you try it during the day phase they do their job.

The only way to take out truk is with Day naval Bombardments with BBs which become 200% more effective under the new patch. You have to place the Float planes on day Recon as well so that they can use the new spotting under the new patch. IMHO the new patch has made naval bordments more realistic.

(in reply to bklooste)
Post #: 7
RE: Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? - 6/28/2010 10:01:14 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: che200

@Herwin agree with you about naval Bombardments Ships Vs Forts, Forts win.

@Bklooste if you try to bombard truk which is a level 9 Fort, at night your BBs get plastered but if you try it during the day phase they do their job.

The only way to take out truk is with Day naval Bombardments with BBs which become 200% more effective under the new patch. You have to place the Float planes on day Recon as well so that they can use the new spotting under the new patch. IMHO the new patch has made naval bordments more realistic.

The reason Truk was 'the Gibraltar of the Pacific' was that the lagoon was big enough that ships anchored in the middle were safe from bombardment. In the end, we hit it with airstrikes.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to che200)
Post #: 8
RE: Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? - 6/29/2010 3:54:35 AM   
Commander Cody

In real life airstrikes were the way to go, so perhaps if the game reflects this, it's a good thing. The picture under my name testifies to the efficacy of carrier raids. (BTW--I did a one-week live aboard dive trip at Truk Lagoon [AKA Chuuk] back in 1998--I dove 11 of the 36 wrecks on the excellent trip--AS full of torpedoes and spare periscopes, AK or AKE full of 18.1 in. shells, gazillions of sake and beer bottles, etc.)

< Message edited by Commander Cody -- 6/29/2010 3:55:36 AM >

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Quick question on Bombarment TFs ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI