Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

supply question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> supply question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
supply question - 6/16/2010 6:41:37 PM   
jnpoint

In race for bastogne I have set Allies supply to less.. But it seems to be the same if I choose less or more supply, when I look on the supply graphs in the game. Is there a noticable difference?
Post #: 1
RE: supply question - 6/17/2010 2:43:57 AM   
bairdlander

I cant find anything in manuel re "zone of control" for units.How does supply line break?Is it when an eneamy unit crosses directly in front of supply line or is it a "zoc"

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 2
RE: supply question - 6/17/2010 4:40:22 AM   
Arjuna

We don't use ZOCs as such. A supply line is cut if the supply route ( ie from the Base to the unit ) has too much enemy firepower along it. So if there were several enemy units whose effective range overlapped the route, then it would be cut.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 3
RE: supply question - 6/18/2010 3:29:55 AM   
bairdlander

I see,but i have 2 units adjacent,1 has full supply the other is in the red?Why?

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
RE: supply question - 6/18/2010 3:42:20 AM   
Franklin Nimitz

If one company's supply convoy gets shot up, and one gets by, you can have that situation.

I'd like it though, if there were a way to share (transfer) supplies between co-located units. (within a short distance & possibly in same command).

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 5
RE: supply question - 6/18/2010 1:51:39 PM   
Henri

quote:

ORIGINAL: Franklin Nimitz

If one company's supply convoy gets shot up, and one gets by, you can have that situation.

I'd like it though, if there were a way to share (transfer) supplies between co-located units. (within a short distance & possibly in same command).

Tell that to Patton, who "stole" supplies headed for someone else whenever he had the chance.

Henri

(in reply to Franklin Nimitz)
Post #: 6
RE: supply question - 6/18/2010 2:56:18 PM   
CptWasp

Sorry, a clarification.
The supply route is:
- the shortest route between the base and the unit (if the terrain is passable a straight line)?
- the quickest route (so it passes on routes if available)?
- ...?

Is there a way to see the supply route? It would be needed if it isn't a straight line.

Cpt.Wasp

Member of the NWI staff (http://www.netwargamingitalia.net/)
Proud co-founder of Balena Ludens
(http://www.balenaludens.it/)

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 7
RE: supply question - 6/18/2010 4:52:50 PM   
simovitch

I believe supply uses a modified 'avoidance' route. So you can use the pathing tool set to motorized/avoidance from your base to the unit in question to see if your supply line could be threatened.

simovitch

(in reply to CptWasp)
Post #: 8
RE: supply question - 6/19/2010 3:18:06 AM   
Arjuna

Thanks Richard. As he says supply runs use a special "supply route" based on an avoidance route but with other factors thrown in to the heuristics. Moreover, the route will RV short of the unit to simulate the fact that the unit would typically send back a detail to unload the vehicles and bring the supplies forward, especially when defending with nearby enemy.

Please remember that supply lines as reported in the unit Info Box and when you display supply lines instead of command lines, that these are based on the last supply run. That may have been hours ago and when the unit and base were in different locations. We do not dynamically update this data throughout the game as it would really slow the game down.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> supply question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI