Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport - 6/14/2010 8:04:04 PM   
TMO

According to TO&E 7-15 (Feb 1944):

http://www.militaryresearch.org/7-15%2026Feb44.pdf

a 1944 US infantry Bn should have 34 (35 if you include attached medical units) jeeps, two (or maybe three) 3/4t trucks and perhaps (though these might reasonably be added to Bgde base) four 1.5t trucks.

TO&E 7-18 (Feb 1944) specifies that the Hvy Wpns Coy (.30 cal and 81mm mortar pls) should have (not in addition but included in above) 19 jeeps and one 3/4 t truck.

http://www.militaryresearch.org/7-18%2026Feb44.pdf

The A/T pl according to TO&E 7-19 (Feb 1944) should also have three 1.5t truck and one 3/4t truck.

http://www.militaryresearch.org/7-19%2026Feb44.pdf

This looks like an oversight in an otherwise excellent game.

Regards

Tim

< Message edited by TMO -- 6/14/2010 8:14:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport - 6/14/2010 8:21:39 PM   
simovitch

It's not an oversight. In the game there is no HW company in the US infantry battalions - the MG's have been parsed out to the line companies and we removed the organic transport of the mortars and rifle coys to allow the Battalion as a whole to move into/through woods, and to keep it from becoming immobilized due to running out of fuel.

The AT companies/platoons were a compromise of removing the vehicles to allow entry to the woods and still giving them some mobility by giving them some movement capability.

If you try to match up what we have in the game with official TO&E's you will run into these type of discrepancies throughout the estabs because we had to make some concessions/adjustments for playability purposes.

simovitch

(in reply to TMO)
Post #: 2
RE: Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport - 6/14/2010 8:52:25 PM   
TMO

Thanks for the clarification here Richard - I admire your attention to detail.

Regards

Tim

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 3
RE: Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport - 6/14/2010 10:09:25 PM   
Franklin Nimitz

Richard it seems that many of those 'missing' vehicles make their way to the base units if I'm recalling a previous thread correctly where this came up. IMO, that's probably the most realistic place for them anyhow- that way they would be used to run supplies, which is pretty much what those vehicles did in real life I'd think. Sitting with the company, where there's not enough to transport the entire company, they're only targets with no useful purpose.

(in reply to TMO)
Post #: 4
RE: Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport - 6/16/2010 10:55:18 PM   
TMO

In the tutorial B Bty 489 AAA AW Bn should have (according to the Estab editor) 200 rnds 37mm ammo. In the scenario its Std Load is listed as zero rnds.

Regards

Tim

(in reply to Franklin Nimitz)
Post #: 5
RE: Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport - 6/18/2010 9:33:16 PM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: TMO

In the tutorial B Bty 489 AAA AW Bn should have (according to the Estab editor) 200 rnds 37mm ammo. In the scenario its Std Load is listed as zero rnds.

Regards

Tim

OK I see what is happening here (for the most part.)
First, there is something odd going on in the Scenario Editor that changes the ammo % and thus the number of rounds by 1% on the unit display every time you toggle back and forth between "supply" and anything else (like "strength" or Commander" This is a minor bug and may explain the disparity in the ammo counts that you are seeing between game play and the Scenario Editor.

Second, in the estab editor, for any weapon, a particular ammo type (i.e. 37mm AA HE) can show a load of "0" for, say anti personnel role (aper) as long as there is another role (i.e. aair) using the same type of ammo that does have a load (like 200). In effect, the game doesn't care whether you are using the 37mm AA HE ammo for aper or aair, you still get only 200 rounds.

We could have given aper 200 rounds but i wasn't necessary since it was already seeded by the aair load of 200.

simovitch

(in reply to TMO)
Post #: 6
RE: Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport - 6/18/2010 9:58:12 PM   
TMO

Thanks Richard, but if you look at the performance tab for this weapon it only has info for Aper - Aair is not mentioned.

Regards

Tim

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 7
RE: Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport - 6/19/2010 12:57:44 AM   
simovitch

OK I see. We list the load values direct from the estab to the display. This has no effect on gameplay except to confuse the player.

This should be an easy fix.

simovitch

(in reply to TMO)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Tutorial - 1 Bn 318 - no transport Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI