Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Gunnery

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Naval Gunnery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Gunnery - 6/13/2010 3:56:11 PM   
AirGriff

Can anybody shine light on a dim head regarding naval device stats? Can't seem to find the detailed details in the manual.

I'll use an 8"/55 MK 9 gun device as an example. Range-31k, Effect-260, Penetration-300, Accuracy-36, anti-armor-275.

I was wondering how exactly things like penetration and anti-armor stats are formulated for surface combats. For instance, does an accuracy value of 36 for the 8"/55Mk 9 gun mean there will be a base 36% chance of a hit from each gun, or device?

Also, how do the penetration and effect stats formulate for damage when a ship is hit? Is penetration how deep the shell goes, and the effect how much damage is done, or are they somehow combined?--I know, I know, this has opened the door very wide to some lude responses :)

How about the anit-armor ratings? I assume that the stat for the above gun that says 700 for an anti-armor value means that if, say, a target has a tower armor rating of 150, then it's going to get penetrated and then the effect of the shell is somehow factored in by the penetration and effect stats.

What about range and accuracy? I assume range would impact accuracy, but how much?

And of course, exactly how do crew and leader ratings effect accuracy? I assume they do not affect damage once the device has hit, they only increase the odds of a hit.

Does radar affect the actual shooting, or is it just a tool that increases detection and engagement?

I have this posted in the War Room, but someone suggested that the really smart people hang out in this neck of the woods, which would explain why I rarely get in here ;)

Post #: 1
RE: Naval Gunnery - 6/14/2010 8:27:53 PM   
AirGriff

Nothing? Not even crickets?

(in reply to AirGriff)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Gunnery - 6/14/2010 8:55:43 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: AirGriff
Nothing? Not even crickets?

Not even crickets. What you ask for is in the code which will never, ever, be disclosed.

(in reply to AirGriff)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Gunnery - 6/14/2010 9:17:12 PM   
AirGriff

Ok, I just read a thread deep into this section on mods and came away very dizzy. Kind of like when a guy gets a 2 hour explanation of how a very complicated piece of machinery works from an engineer and then says, "So, it works, right?"

If someone could just say whether the anti-armor value for the naval and dp guns have anything to do with naval surface combat, and perhaps a tiny smidge of insight on how "effect" works with the other stats I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval Gunnery - 6/14/2010 9:27:04 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: AirGriff

If someone could just say whether the anti-armor value for the naval and dp guns have anything to do with naval surface combat, and perhaps a tiny smidge of insight on how "effect" works with the other stats I would be eternally grateful. Thanks.

I hope anti-armor has something to do w/ naval combat.

Getting to see the code requires some sort of ritual or cat sacrifice. Revelation of its secrets means death of course.

(in reply to AirGriff)
Post #: 5
RE: Naval Gunnery - 6/14/2010 9:27:18 PM   
JWE

What part of "What you ask for is in the code which will never, ever, be disclosed" do you not understand?

(in reply to AirGriff)
Post #: 6
RE: Naval Gunnery - 6/14/2010 10:15:34 PM   
AirGriff

Nice. Ok, forget it.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 7
RE: Naval Gunnery - 6/14/2010 10:40:28 PM   
eloso

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

What part of "What you ask for is in the code which will never, ever, be disclosed" do you not understand?

Actually some of this stuff has been disclosed in simple to understand definitions within the WITPAE-Editor.pdf located in the Manuals directory. See pages 12-13 (it's worthwhile...)

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 8
RE: Naval Gunnery - 6/15/2010 3:14:48 AM   
AirGriff

Thanks. That is exactly what I'm looking for.

(in reply to eloso)
Post #: 9
RE: Naval Gunnery - 5/13/2018 11:48:07 PM   
thephalanx1453

< Message edited by thephalanx1453 -- 5/13/2018 11:56:32 PM >

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Naval Gunnery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI