Balancing Question

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Heva

Balancing Question

Post by Heva »

Just a quick question regarding the scenarios that come with the game. I noticed while playing "Grayhound dash" that the starting US forces are different depending what side you start playing as. That surely cant be right! Isnt this supposed to be a historicly accurate game/scenario?

RayWolfe

RE: Balancing Question

Post by RayWolfe »

No. It's what your intelligence is reporting. You rarely know accurately what and where your enemy is ... just as in real life.

It is considered very gamey to play based upon knowledge gained by playing the other side ... but if that floats your boat ... [:'(]
Heva

Post by Heva »

Well, thats what i thought as well, but if i surrender at that point and "review final situation" it shows the units as actualy there!

And as for your gamey comment, after playing as the germans i wanted to see if i could do a better job defending than the ai did as the US.

It is considered very foolish to make ill judged comments on a forum.... but if that floats your boat .... ;)
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Heva, what you mention should not be the case unless you are playing one of the 'favor' optons. There is no side-dependant adjustment of forces in the historical options that I know of. And please be nice to Ray.[:D]
simovitch

RayWolfe

Post by RayWolfe »

ORIGINAL: simovitch
And please be nice to Ray.[:D]
... and all the rest of you!
If you don't, I will set nurse on you. Then you'll be really sorry. [;)]
Heva

Post by Heva »

Ok, so i havent been using any "favour" options so this must be a bug right. And seeing as anybody can just start up greyhound dash and confirm what im seeing this should be easy to confirm and find a sollution for.

As to being nice to ray, seeing as im being threatened with a nurse if i continue being mean.......

Ray smells of elderberries!!!!!

......... So wheres this nurse....... 
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

[:D]

Just checked the Greyhound Dash scenario and can confirm that only one actual American unit starts on map at game start. There are several other intel reports though. Can you please provide a screen dump of what you see?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
RayWolfe

Post by RayWolfe »

ORIGINAL: Heva
As to being nice to ray, seeing as im being threatened with a nurse if i continue being mean.......
......... So wheres this nurse....... 
Be VERY carefull what you wish for .....
Sinastar

Post by Sinastar »

think this is what he is talking about
hlhudson

Post by hlhudson »

It appears that when you surrender, the units that are shown on the map for the opposing forces are those based upin intel, not the actual enemy disposition.

If you start the Greyhound Dash scenario as the Germans and immediatly surrender then click on the 'Review Final Situation' what Allied units you see on the map is based upon what your Intel filer is set at. If it is at 'ALL', you'll see the units strung out along the road, even though they aren't really there. With the 'Cur' setting, they'll be unit outlines.

So even after you surrender the 'Review Final Situation' only shows you what you 'knew' not what actually is there.

Henry
Sinastar

Post by Sinastar »

Yeah, is that how it is ment be be? Seems kind of strange to show units like that that have no chance at all of being there, is it that way cus they thought they were there in the real battle, and adding in some realism? Even that answer seems kind of odd being this is more a game and it is not a campain so it realy should have no bearing at all to have them units showing.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

All enemy unit icons are intel reports. At the end of the scenario all real or actual enemy units have their intel status updated so that sighting age = current and reliability is excellent. Any report with a status less than that can be ignored.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Tech Support”