Questions about giving orders in sequence

Panther Games' Highway to the Reich revolutionizes wargaming with its pausable, continuous time game play and advanced artificial intelligence. Command like a real General, under real time pressures to achieve real objectives on a real map all within the fog of war. Issue orders to your powerful AI controlled subordinates or take total control of every unit. Fight the world's most advanced AI opponent or match wits against your friends online or over a LAN. Highway to the Reich covers all four battles from Operation Market Garden, including Arnhem, Nijmegen, Eindhoven and the 30th Corps breakout from Neerpelt.

Moderator: Arjuna

deanco2

Questions about giving orders in sequence

Post by deanco2 »

Total noob here. Could not find this question answered anywhere, which makes me feel even dumber.

So, I want this Btn to sneak around the enemy, form up in the woods, then assault a position. I click the HQ, hold shift, click Move, and click on the map. I set everything to avoidance, road formation, min agg and min casualties. Still holding shift, I click again close to the assault spot. Same paramaters as before, now they're in position. Now, still holding shift, I click attack, and click the spot I want to attack, but now I change the parameters to high agg, rapid ROF, line formation and high casualties. I release shift and hit Cancel.

Now, when I go back to check my work by clicking on the individual waypoints, it appears that the previous waypoints have been overwritten with the parameters I set in the last step. Instead of sneaking, they are in the hell bent for leather mode.

What am I missing here?

Question 2: I notice I don't need to hold shift to chain up orders. Re-clicking the Move button tacks the
waypoint on the end without shift pressed. What is the difference between holding shift and not holding it?

Return to “Highway to the Reich”