Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't drag and drop certain items into Estab

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Can't drag and drop certain items into Estab Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't drag and drop certain items into Estab - 5/29/2010 11:47:09 PM   
Chief Rudiger

Hi,

I am trying to equip a unit with tommy guns instead of stens and the estab editor wont let me drag and drop the weapon, nor certain others. I can drag and drop vehicles into the estab though.

Post #: 1
RE: Can't drag and drop certain items into Estab - 5/30/2010 12:49:03 AM   
Chief Rudiger

Hmm, somehow when i came back to this it worked... ...wonder how i delete a whole topic... MOD?

(in reply to Chief Rudiger)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't drag and drop certain items into Estab - 5/31/2010 10:52:26 PM   
Chief Rudiger

Actually this still seems to happen randomly. Sometimes i can't drag and drop weapons or vehicles into an estab. Exiting that unit then reopening it again allows me to drag and drop that same item onto it. Strange.

Post #: 3
RE: Can't drag and drop certain items into Estab - 5/31/2010 11:03:40 PM   
simovitch

I have noticed this as well but never thought it significant or frequent enough to report it as a bug during development - my bad. IIRC If you close out the force and reopen it you can re-populate it with the desired vehicles/weapons etc.

simovitch

Post #: 4
RE: Can't drag and drop certain items into Estab - 5/31/2010 11:41:17 PM   
Chief Rudiger

Exactly,

I thought it worthy of posting since the estab maker is all about dragging and dropping things onto other things!

Another problem i've found, this one in game, is that the OOB window "freezes" on and you need to select one of the other tabs before you can access the E&S tab, for example, of a unit. Again, considering the number of times you want to check out one thing from the scenario tabs, then immediately something else from the unit specific tabs... ...it is a bit jarring.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't drag and drop certain items into Estab - 5/31/2010 11:46:10 PM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Rudiger

Exactly,

I thought it worthy of posting since the estab maker is all about dragging and dropping things onto other things!

Another problem i've found, this one in game, is that the OOB window "freezes" on and you need to select one of the other tabs before you can access the E&S tab, for example, of a unit. Again, considering the number of times you want to check out one thing from the scenario tabs, then immediately something else from the unit specific tabs... ...it is a bit jarring.

Actually that's by design. The intent here was to allow the player to navigate different force structures quickly. SO the way the UI works for forces is that when you select a unit if the OB display is current then it will simply update the OB display with the selected force's structure. If the OB display is showing the unit data it will update the unit data with that of the selected force. So if you are trying to get a quick scan of the different force structures of various units, you can simply click on each unit and do the same if you are interested in their data. Now if you want to switch between OB display and data then simply doubleclick the unit. It acts like a toggle.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Can't drag and drop certain items into Estab Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI