From: Holstebro, Denmark
* A 3D map "a la" Google Map will be a blast. I dream about switching between 2D/3D map during game play.
* Improve scenario selection screen. Many room for improvements here, such as numbers of units involved, overall complexity of the scenario, a map overview, ...
* Remove, or at least rethink, the gamey "fire" button.
* Clicking on a message focus on the unit that trigger it.
* E&S panel should provides actual numbers and starting numbers for equipment. So if you you have "M4 Sherman 3/5" you know you already lost 2 Sherman.
* Order delay could be set distinctly for both side. Thus I could play with painful realistic delay, but let the AI on realistic delay, to reduce the burden on its shoulders.
* Lessen the efficiency of weak scattered units lost behind enemy lines. Unless commando units, they should have very low morale, very higher order delay or even stay in route status until the situation improves for them. IMO, they are too much pain (both for me or for the AI) than they historically should have.
* Improve player control on recon mission: Maybe add a recon task, or rather a recon checkable option. Range of Sight should definitely increase when a unit is fully deployed on a well known area, than when moving on an unknown road path.
* Option to relocate HQ without affecting subordinates.
* Improve AI: It's already one of the best AI around the place. So it really worth the effort to improve it even further, to achieve excellency. In my opinion it works very well on "tactical" level or how to achieve tasks, such as assign units roles to attack a village, but lack on the "strategic" level, i.e on what those tasks should be. It had a hard time about global topology of the map (choke point, area control, defensive line...) and about securing its assess and its supply lines. I know it's not an easy task, especially since nothing is scripted, but still, AI is a major feature of this game.
I second all points....very good indeed.
Here is a link to how I think the 3D map could work...its in a game already...
If the above game had a AI then it would be good competition for this game.
This looks very good - agreed!!! 3D map!