Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Options and Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> The War Room >> Options and Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Options and Issues - 5/28/2010 11:56:36 PM   
gunny3013

I know that there has to be a cure for massive CSA armies overpowering the Yankees and conquering the north. Most of us are keenly aware that the, “rebel Cause,” was not to conquer the north but rather to stop northern aggression on the south. With inflated rebel armies and no union invasions this game tends to look nothing like the American civil war at all. I consider myself a fairly competent player and yet when Impressment is allowed for both sides and used by both, I find rebel armies larger than mine pressing my back to Canada for the entire war. I can find nowhere in civil war records of ANY CSA army being larger than its northern counterpart yet with the games version of Impressment, that is standard fare to say the least and plays more like a, “what if,” or fantasy game than like reality.

I think the level of Impressment / Conscription in this game falsely imitates the historical reality and just as it was feared an amphibious invasion capability would be abused if it were easy to use, this Impressment option is getting abused and I feel likewise that was overlooked by the designers.

I really like this game but with no Union invasion capability threatening the coastlines of the south and with falsely inflated southern forces there is no doubt to the outcome and the south’s conquering of the north as a fore gone conclusion, not to mention just keeping the north out…
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> The War Room >> Options and Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI