Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

News Please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> News Please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
News Please - 5/28/2010 5:05:39 PM   
Punk Reaper

This is my most anticipated game on the Matrix "In development" list so pull your finger out and give us some hope. What is happening with this game, is progress being made, is there light at the end of the tunnel, or does it need putting out of its in limbo misery?
Post #: 1
RE: News Please - 5/29/2010 3:11:46 PM   
Skanvak

Yes, especially since the LnL forum are no longer avialable.

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to Punk Reaper)
Post #: 2
RE: News Please - 5/31/2010 9:36:43 AM   
Josh

Well if you check out the LnL website you'll see that they've been pretty busy producing quite a few new boardgames. So from that I still conclude that the Pc game is just a side show for Mark, combine that with just a few (two?) employees working on it... it might still take a few months.
I hope

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 3
RE: News Please - 6/6/2010 3:11:43 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Well if you check out the LnL website you'll see that they've been pretty busy producing quite a few new boardgames. So from that I still conclude that the Pc game is just a side show for Mark, combine that with just a few (two?) employees working on it... it might still take a few months.

...or years...or never. There's no reason to believe that it'll be done this year. None at all. This game has been in development for at least 4 or 5 *years*. There's no target date. There's not even a target *year*! When I asked Mark for a target year he replied that "it will be done when it's done". (shrug) So asking will get you absolutely nothing.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: News Please - 6/12/2010 11:49:35 PM   
Punk Reaper

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 5
RE: News Please - 6/13/2010 2:24:50 AM   
wodin

Such a shame...it seems it's the squad based games that fall by the wayside...my favourite scale aswell.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 6
RE: News Please - 6/14/2010 2:19:02 PM   
Badjayhawk

I recall waiting for the release of a game that seemed agonizingly long in development, with a great premise (operational command on the Eastern Front without traditional hexes and turns but via "orders" sort of like....well, HttR, CoTA and BFTB...), and a web page that finally poofed.  It was called "Road to Moscow," and it fell into gaming oblivion.

If it were me, however busy I might be as a developer, I think I'd take at least some pains to make sure folks don't start suspecting vaporware and loose faith.  But that's just me.

I was looking forward to this game.  A lot.  For a long, long time. 

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 7
RE: News Please - 6/14/2010 5:10:47 PM   
wodin

To be honest this silence is bordering on bad play....we all have money ready to spend on this product and yet they have no interest in their future customers by the looks of it...IF I had the talent I'd make the bloody game.....and I would give constant updates...most of the developers on here are fantastic at interacting with their customers...shame

(in reply to Badjayhawk)
Post #: 8
RE: News Please - 6/15/2010 6:28:57 PM   
hoe ist?

To be honest, I'm losing interest in the development of this game. Once, I was very interested, but now, after all this silence....

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: News Please - 6/15/2010 6:41:14 PM   
lparkh

I was a believer or at least optomist. But must say I'm losing faith now. Bad customer service I agree. Bad sign. Sigh.

(in reply to hoe ist?)
Post #: 10
RE: News Please - 6/17/2010 3:22:36 PM   
Punk Reaper

If Matrix is willing to list the game on its forum you would think they would give the developer a kick to be a bit more active.

(in reply to lparkh)
Post #: 11
RE: News Please - 6/18/2010 5:30:26 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Badjayhawk

If it were me, however busy I might be as a developer, I think I'd take at least some pains to make sure folks don't start suspecting vaporware and loose faith.  But that's just me.

I don't think that it's "vaporware". There has obviously been some work done on it. The problem is we have no idea how *much* has been done and how much is left to go, and Mark isn't going to tell us. If a project languishes for five years that's a long time. Who knows if it will ever actually be finished. Another couple of years and maybe Matrix Games won't be in business anymore. Or possibly "Lock & Load" will go belly up. Lots of "ifs" for a game that's taking this long to be published.

(in reply to Badjayhawk)
Post #: 12
RE: News Please - 6/18/2010 5:33:29 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Punk Reaper

If Matrix is willing to list the game on its forum you would think they would give the developer a kick to be a bit more active.

That's what *I'd* do. After all, the Matrix name is now associated with the product.

Post #: 13
RE: News Please - 6/18/2010 6:04:35 AM   
Obsolete

Well, I thought this was going to be vapour ware too, however, since Command Ops has finally hit the shelves now, after waiting half a decade (or longer I think?), I'm not so sure.  It doesn't matter either way, I have my hands full with ASL and other projects at the moment, I can wait a few more years  without any complaints.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 14
RE: News Please - 6/18/2010 12:35:27 PM   
wodin

I never doubted Panther would get their game out once....good track record and it's the only thing they do...Mark Walker has his fingers in many pie's...to many...he even write's vampire books now....maybe he should finish hs older commitments before taking up a new career as an author.

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 15
RE: News Please - 6/18/2010 2:36:34 PM   
Badjayhawk

If a game is actually advertised for a prolonged period but never hits the store shelves, to me, it's vaporware, no matter how much code may have been written.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 16
RE: News Please - 6/18/2010 4:11:25 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Obsolete

I have my hands full with ASL and other projects at the moment, I can wait a few more years  without any complaints.

It's not like we have any choice. (-: But a few years is a long time, and as I mentioned before, this type of business can go belly up before the project is completed. As we all have noticed we haven't heard a word on the game for a couple of months now and I would imagine that if they were anywhere near beta testing we would have heard something.

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 17
RE: News Please - 6/19/2010 12:15:54 AM   
Obsolete

Of course you have a choice.  There is ASL with unlimited sets to go along with it.  Just download Vassal (I thinks that's what it used to be called), and you can play just about any scenario ever made for it, and then some. Doesn't even cost you a dime.

I guess their beta was really just an alpha.  But there's more ASL type stuff coming on the shelves before the year is over anyway.  So it's not that bad :P

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 18
RE: News Please - 6/19/2010 3:57:32 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Obsolete

Of course you have a choice. 

I meant that we have no choice but to wait until the game is published. Of course there are other games. I play lots of them. (-:

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 19
RE: News Please - 7/19/2010 3:25:06 AM   
Skanvak

So does someone From Matrix or LnL can tell us what is the situation of this game?

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 20
RE: News Please - 7/19/2010 9:46:48 AM   
Josh

Here's what they mailed me a few weeks ago:

"From the LockandLoad staff:

"Hello,

We expect it to be released late this year. I hope this information helps!"

So they're still working on it, might be a few more months though.

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 21
RE: News Please - 7/21/2010 1:28:00 AM   
Skanvak

better than nothing, thanks to share it.

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 22
RE: News Please - 7/21/2010 3:24:04 PM   
lparkh

I spotted an individual on the ConSim forums with tag line "Playtester Heroes of Stalingrad" .Someone who had posted recently, so, again, evidence something is happening.
Kind of sad to be dredging for data like this,
Lin

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 23
RE: News Please - 7/22/2010 6:11:49 AM   
Obsolete

If they say they expect it late this year (and actually mean it), then I'd bet you won't see it until early next year at the earliest.  But I'm not complaining.

(in reply to lparkh)
Post #: 24
RE: News Please - 7/22/2010 8:08:54 AM   
undercovergeek

OR 'they' could come on with a bit of news and let us know themselves - do they want my money? its right here, in my pocket, im waiting to give it to you, all you have to do is treat us nice and tell us when your product might be here so we can all give you some money as a reward for treating us like customers

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 25
RE: News Please - 7/22/2010 7:40:35 PM   
lparkh

But do 'they' actually exist? or perhaps are they a figment of our collective imagination? I did hear they were seen alive and well in Vegas recently...

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 26
RE: News Please - 7/25/2010 9:39:59 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

OR 'they' could come on with a bit of news and let us know themselves - do they want my money? its right here, in my pocket, im waiting to give it to you, all you have to do is treat us nice and tell us when your product might be here so we can all give you some money as a reward for treating us like customers

Until there's an announced date for publishing any other news is BS. "Later this year" ain't a target date, it's a stall. We've heard that song before and it amounted to absolutely nothing. We've only got five months left in this year, so if it actually gets released before 2011 it's going to be a very big surprise to anyone whos been following this long sad story for the last few years.

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> News Please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI