Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CTD

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> CTD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CTD - 5/27/2010 2:04:51 PM   
scsfan

hi, I noted another small bug, I was playing the tutorial, accidentally chose exit order and clicked on one of the selected unit's current location, CTD without any error message or warning. return to the game, repeat the same procedure except click "exit" order on random positions on the map, all CTD.
I noted that there is no exit site on that particular map and this is obviously a wrong order to choose.
Post #: 1
RE: CTD - 5/27/2010 2:07:03 PM   
Arjuna

scsfan,

Yes the order should have been disabled. What was the unit you selected? Do you have a saved game? If so can you zip it and upload it here.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to scsfan)
Post #: 2
RE: CTD - 5/27/2010 3:16:28 PM   
scsfan

The problem is I didn't have a saved game. But if you start the tutorial scenario, it occurs when select a unit, then select "Exit" order and randomly click location on the map, it's always CTD for me. Then there was another CTD, but was not "Exit" order, when I was almost about to finish this scenario, it was in the heat of the battle, a few enemy units sneaked through my line and approaching my HQ, I remembered the order was to "Attack" on an enemy position. Unfortunately I forgot to save again, I know this doesn't help, but I was so engaged with the fighting.
I'll try to save one next time.
It is a exellent game, much better organised and controllable and detailed then COTA.
Thanks for the great job.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: CTD - 5/27/2010 3:51:40 PM   
Henri

I got a CTD in the tutorial scenario too just after the Allied reinforcements arrived. I had given the 35th orders to move to Breitenfield, but they had stopped for the night nearby to rest. Around 3 AM, to get them going I changed their aggro from the default to max and fire to max and the game crashed.

Henri

(in reply to scsfan)
Post #: 4
RE: CTD - 5/27/2010 11:14:52 PM   
Arjuna

To track these down I really need a saved game as close to "just before" the crash as you can get. So please save early, save often. Our autotesters have been going round the clock without a crash, so it's most likely due to some combination of human interface. So I do appreciate your descriptions of what you were doing.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Henri)
Post #: 5
RE: CTD - 5/28/2010 3:54:33 PM   
Henri

I don' have a saved game, but on another occasion I got a crash with a message that said it was caused by "javaw.dll", but all the crash did was to send the game to the bottom bar, so I could continue playing.

Henri

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 6
RE: CTD - 5/28/2010 11:53:36 PM   
Panther Paul

quote:

ORIGINAL: Henri

I don' have a saved game, but on another occasion I got a crash with a message that said it was caused by "javaw.dll", but all the crash did was to send the game to the bottom bar, so I could continue playing.

Henri

Hi,

Not sure about "javaw.dll". Its not one of the DLL's the game depeneds on.

I would run a virus scanner over it just to be safe.

Paul Scobell
Panther Games Pty Ltd

(in reply to Henri)
Post #: 7
RE: CTD - 5/29/2010 12:52:04 AM   
Franklin Nimitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Henri

I got a CTD in the tutorial scenario too just after the Allied reinforcements arrived. I had given the 35th orders to move to Breitenfield, but they had stopped for the night nearby to rest. Around 3 AM, to get them going I changed their aggro from the default to max and fire to max and the game crashed.

Henri

I've had a couple of CTD's as well. It always happens when I'm giving orders unpaused- adjusting waypoints on the fly, toggling between rest modes, and calling in arty have all been (circumstantially) involved.

Where do I send a saved game?

(in reply to Henri)
Post #: 8
RE: CTD - 5/29/2010 2:00:43 AM   
Arjuna

Zip it and upload it here if you can. If the size is too big send the zipped file to support[at]panthergames[dot]com.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Franklin Nimitz)
Post #: 9
RE: CTD - 5/29/2010 2:15:05 AM   
Franklin Nimitz

here you go

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 10
RE: CTD - 5/29/2010 7:51:41 AM   
Arjuna

FN,

Thanks. Downloading. It may take me a while to get to this as things here are very hectic, to say the least.

PS If I haven't got back to you on this in a week, can you give this a bump. Thanks.

< Message edited by Arjuna -- 5/29/2010 7:53:08 AM >

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Post #: 11
RE: CTD - 5/29/2010 9:47:03 PM   
Franklin Nimitz

No problem. Here's two more from the same game. The one named d4 1300 saw me break up the 2 pz div's movement by give 3 subordinate KG's attack orders- game ctd right after. I've bee trying to play the game at the highest level-most of my main effort has been fighting marches by the entire 2nd pz div, the Pz Lehr minus KG 901, and KG 901.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 12
RE: CTD - 5/29/2010 9:47:35 PM   
Franklin Nimitz

and...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 13
RE: CTD - 6/16/2010 4:59:46 AM   
Panther Paul

Fixed case where Exit task is able to be given, but no Exit objectives.

BT0020.

Paul Scobell
Panther Games Pty Ltd

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> CTD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI