Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Source of Info: OOB for ALL USN/USMC aircraft at varying dates during WWII

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Source of Info: OOB for ALL USN/USMC aircraft at varying dates during WWII Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Source of Info: OOB for ALL USN/USMC aircraft at varyi... - 5/26/2010 10:11:59 PM   
spence

I was wandering about on the internet and stumbled into copies of official USN documents entitled something like "Location of Navy Aircraft" with several dates during 1943 and 1944.

The site is vpnavy.com. (Site devoted to USN patrol aircraft)

Click on the aircraft types (VP, VPB, VB etc) on the left sidebar, then go to a particular squadron number, then go squadron histories, then scroll to downloaded documents and voila.

The VP-72 Squadron History has the list for Jan 6, 1943 along with at least one other date (the same listings can be found in other squadron histories).

In another thread I made mention of the fact that SBD production seemed unrealistically low. The listing cited indicates that on Jan 6th 1943 there were a total of somewhat under 50 SBD3/4s in the entire Atlantic Theater including on the CVs, CVEs, various newly commissioning carriers and the shore establishment. Interesting to note that the USS Essex, which had a fairly complete complement of dive-bombers, was fitting out with SB2U Vindicators on that date (there were reserves at various places in the Pacific at this time). From the listings it appears that the overwhelming majority of all SBD-3s and SBD-4s ever produced were assigned to units deployed to the Pacific.
Post #: 1
RE: Source of Info: OOB for ALL USN/USMC aircraft at v... - 5/26/2010 11:45:26 PM   
Don Bowen

A complete, semi-weekly listing of all naval aircraft for almost the entire war: http://www.history.navy.mil/a-record/ww-ii/loc-ac/loc-ac.htm

Don't go hitting it all at once, you've overload the server. This is a major input for Da Babes mod.

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 2
RE: Source of Info: OOB for ALL USN/USMC aircraft at v... - 5/27/2010 1:09:15 AM   
Knavey

Whoa...anything like that for the Army planes?

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 3
RE: Source of Info: OOB for ALL USN/USMC aircraft at v... - 5/27/2010 12:06:03 PM   
spence

That link is tremendous. Looks like what I saw was some of the same reports posted at vpnavy.

A quick count of all SBDs of any model serving in the entire Atlantic Theater on Nov 12 1942 (a few days after TORCH) comes to 38. Reportedly USS Ranger goes to war with SB2Us in its VS and VB Squadrons. It certainly seems that this confirms that SBD-3 (including SBD-4) production as presently given in the game is too low.

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Source of Info: OOB for ALL USN/USMC aircraft at varying dates during WWII Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI