Price?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

wodin

Price?

Post by wodin »

Any idea on the price. I need to see if the missus will buy it me and I will have to tell her how much its going to cost....

Fingers Crossed[:D]
JudgeDredd

RE: Price?

Post by JudgeDredd »

£34.99 for DD and £39.99 for physical shipment with printed manual. That's my guess.
Alba gu' brath
Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

Man I'm looking forward to this game. I got HTTR a LONG time ago when I was like 14 years old. Needless to say it didn't get much playtime, lol.

But now that I'm older I can truly appreciate a game like this.
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Mark Hemns

Post by Mark Hemns »

£34.99 for DD and £39.99 for physical shipment with printed manual. That's my guess.

I really hope you are right but fear it is wishful thinking.

4 year old COTA is still £36.99 / £42.99 in the Matrix store and if I recall correctly this doesn't include 17.5% VAT which Digital River add at the end (plus £4.01 delivery for the physical shipment).
JaguarUSF

Post by JaguarUSF »

It's:
Digital Download PC Download ($79.99)
Physical Shipment Plus Download ($89.99)
PC Physical Shipment ($89.99)

How do I know? Because it's out:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/377 ... .the.Bulge.

And man that's expensive.
Chad Harrison

Post by Chad Harrison »

The buy now link is now active, and the prices are listed as:

Digital - $79.99
Digital & Physical - $89.99
Physcial - $89.99

With a release date of toady?

Edit - I type too slow [:D]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, it has just been released! We completed the final QA a bit sooner than expected. The price is accurate and I'm sure it's a bit of a surprise as it's higher than the current COTA price by $20. However, with the time each of these releases takes development-wise and the attention to detail required for this level of historical realism, we see these as more on the same level with a title like War in the Pacific now. We feel BFTB is one of the highest quality wargames on the market, period. With that level of development effort, frankly the higher price is necessary if we want to make it viable for Panther to continue investing as much effort into future releases.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

I am going to have to think about this one for a while. That is a lot of money for a PC game.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

That's true, though we believe that the value for the price is very high in terms of how much your actual cost will be for the amount and quality of wargaming you will get from this title, especially now that the full editing suite (including the estab editor) is included.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Erik, what is the download size?

Post by Topo »

Agree, is a lot of money; i need to think about a little...
Yes, I'm Italian
No, I never voted for berlusconi...
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Download size is 897MB. The physical version comes on two CDs.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
kam99

Post by kam99 »

I have RDOA, HTTR and COTA. I would love to continue to support the series. I am holding off because of the high cost.
Chad Harrison

Post by Chad Harrison »

I just wanted to weigh in on the price.

Erik's comparison to WitP is a sound one. Games like this are well worth the price. Especially in the light of the garbage that mainstream developers release for $60. Paying an extra $20 for a good, solid game is well worth the cost in my opinoin.
SlapBone

Post by SlapBone »

The price is kind of steep, but Matrix makes up for it by charging your credit card once you have completed your purchase.
DBeves

Post by DBeves »

ORIGINAL: kam99

I have RDOA, HTTR and COTA. I would love to continue to support the series. I am holding off because of the high cost.

Yeah me too -I have all the others but was going to make this one the one I really got into the engine - but thats way too expensive to satisfy an impulse - I already have too much to play a too little time to do it ... after taking stock of that lesson I learned when buying Accross the Dnepr this is a no buy for me at that price. Period.

You know Im really not sure I understand the logic of a price like that - theres 3 potential lost sales on this page and four more at the wargamer ... not scientific I know and probably those who dont mind the cost wont post - but I guess matrix know what they are doing - its a game I would have bought to take a look - but quite comfortable taking a pass on it now...
sabre100

Post by sabre100 »

I was so ready to pull the trigger and I buy almost all games from matrix except a very very few but when I saw the price I said Oouch, what the heck is Matrix thinking here. I figured it would have been $59.99 at a max for download, this is way to much money especially in this economic down turn. I have to think really hard and long on this one but am I mistaken or is this game even more than WiTP? I can see WiTE coming in at $99.99 for download at this rate.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Do not want.
DBeves

Post by DBeves »

ORIGINAL: sabre100

I was so ready to pull the trigger and I buy almost all games from matrix except a very very few but when I saw the price I said Oouch, what the heck is Matrix thinking here. I figured it would have been $59.99 at a max for download, this is way to much money especially in this economic down turn. I have to think really hard and long on this one but am I mistaken or is this game even more than WiTP? I can see WiTE coming in at $99.99 for download at this rate.

I dont think you are far wrong with that price for WITE... still - unlike BFTB - which I have three or four games on the subject (and the whole battle not just disjointed bits of it) so I can pass on this one ... I'll pay whatever is asked for WITE ... happily ... although dont listen to me Matrix ...
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

£56 and £63? With tax that's £66 and £74 - really - OUCH!

I SERIOUSLY cannot buy a game that costs that...Way to much money. Good luck Dave - but I'm checking out. [:(] Very sad.
Alba gu' brath

Return to “Command Ops Series”