Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval support squads in Base/Port

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Naval support squads in Base/Port Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval support squads in Base/Port - 5/24/2010 9:25:06 PM   
cverbrug

Why is it that some ports show in the port info screen (top above) the number of NavalSupport squads, and other ports not. Note both of them have NS squads present.

E.g. the JAP in the stock scenario in Kwajalien have a Naval HQ with NS squads , but in the base info it seems like none are present...; if you look at RoiNamur there are 120 NS squands, and they all show up nicely in the basi info screen...

I have the same with mines in base hexes, sometimes they show, sometimes they are there, but you can get no info about howmany are (still) present...

Christophe

Post #: 1
RE: Naval support squads in Base/Port - 5/24/2010 9:33:19 PM   
Don Bowen

I seem to recall this as an old bug, already fixed. What patch level do you have?

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval support squads in Base/Port - 5/25/2010 6:40:11 PM   
FOW

Mines in base hexes - if port size is 0 you can't see how many, must be port size 1+ to see them.

NS squads - is the unit containing them in combat mode?. IIRC for a unit in rest mode, it's squads/devices don't count. (if the guys are resting then they're not working - them's the union rules )

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval support squads in Base/Port - 7/14/2010 8:24:43 PM   
cverbrug

One more question.

If set to combat mode the Nav S squads appear as providing support, so this now seems to function.

Another odd thing which i don't fully understand is the following. IT relates to the question whether Naval S squads of a HQ unit provide also support to the base IN A NEXT HEX when for their command range is >0.

Roi Namurshows up as having 240 Naval support.
However, I have only 120 NS unit in Roi Namur. There is though a Flt HQ with 240 NS squads in Kwajalein (neigbouring). Question is why do i see 240 in Roi? Is it because the HQ from eniwetok provides 50% support to the neigbouring hex, or whichs is the rule for explaining this observation?

Christophe

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval support squads in Base/Port - 7/14/2010 9:41:56 PM   
Nomad

Naval Support = Naval Support / ( range + 1 )
1 hex 1/2 NS
2 hex 1/3 NS
3 hex 1/4 NS
etc.

Don't ask me any questions, apparently I know nothing about WitP:AE

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Naval support squads in Base/Port Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI