Hello ToW players, I have put together a comprehensive mod for 1.7. First I want to give credit to Peter 123 whose map I use modified for my purposes. Peter 123 also inspired my counter set. The gameplay changes are my own. I wanted to give ToW a more historical flow, where good weather is used for grand offensives and winter weather can only support limited attacks.
I created a unit set that I think looks neat, but can be a little busy. I still like my old unit set, I am not sure which I prefer. I will provide a link to my old ones too: http://www.4shared.com/file/d3cDTyqj/Swatters_Counters.html
Included in the mod is the following:
-new counter skin
-new map skin (thx Peter123)
-new 1939 scenario
Just unzip the following file into the data/gfx folder and set them in-game.
Edit- you need to put scenario in the scenario folder.
The new scenario is still being tested, so balance may not be perfect. If you think something needs to be fixed, let me know. The German AI may come out real strong, that is my hope. Just in case set them to easy or better.
Change List for Gameplay:
1) Leader Ratings: Changed leaders I thought were too poorly rated.
2) All ship start repaired: I found this annoying, plus makes up for lost PPs due to shorter year.
3) Slovakia surrenders on turn one: What the heck was it doing in there anyway?
4) Attacker losses in airstrikes increased to offset new effectiveness.
5) Airstrike losses greater: Airstikes will make a difference in battle, but must be used with restraint.
6) Doctrine level and action points: Germans have a great advantage to start.
7) Zone of control penalty reduced for mot and tank: Once again, clear weather attacks will be more effective.
8) Turns per month adjusted to the following: Jan-Dec 2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,4,3,3,2.
9) Mountain defense doubled. Hill and city defense also increased, but not as drastic.
10) Trenches now build up in increments of 10 for a maximum of 50.
11) Winter move cost increased 70%.
< Message edited by swatter555 -- 5/20/2010 5:15:54 AM >