Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

lst's & lvl 0 ports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> lst's & lvl 0 ports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
lst's & lvl 0 ports - 5/14/2010 5:19:11 AM   
jcjordan

Are LST's effective at loading troops from a lvl 0 port w/o losing a bunch of troops? I've got 3 regts that invaded Baker Is & during the initial invasion they unloaded ok, some losses unloading during the invasion itself but little after the recapturing, but when I used the APs that brought them there to reload them to take them to rest/recoup it seems like just about every turn I'd get the "troops lost in loading" msg. So would LST's lower the chances of those kind of losses at a lvl 0 port w/o naval support as I really don't want to move one there as I'm not going to base anything there. The LST's are just starting to come online from Portland & the Aussie LSI conversions are more than a month away plus the LCI's are just too short legged to try & use Canton or any other base nearby. Ideas to minimize loading losses w/o moving naval support only to transport it off at the end?
Post #: 1
RE: lst's & lvl 0 ports - 5/14/2010 5:41:21 PM   
FOW

LSTs had higher amphib rating than an AP in WITP, so it would seem that they are better. Can't locate the rule ref for AE at the moment. See 6.3.2.4.4 - not sure if this will also count for loading !

IRL the troops would load onto the LST by walking up the ramp of the beached LST. For the AP they would load onto smaller craft in the surf, then when they reach the ship, would have to scale up the nets or have heavier equipment winched/craned aboard - both subject to a higher chance of 'accidents'.

< Message edited by FOW -- 5/14/2010 5:42:54 PM >

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 2
RE: lst's & lvl 0 ports - 5/17/2010 11:27:18 PM   
jcjordan

Thanks does look like they help much better as I only saw that msg once over 4 turns of loading but I had a couple of small AP's in the TF as I only had 1 LST to remove the 1st unit.

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 3
RE: lst's & lvl 0 ports - 5/18/2010 12:08:37 AM   
Swayin

LCIs are great for stuff like working your way up the Marshalls, like Mili--->Maleolap, etc.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> lst's & lvl 0 ports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI