Sleepless on Samoa, the Sequel (wneumann vs Jolly Pillager)

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

wneumann

Sleepless on Samoa, the Sequel (wneumann vs Jolly Pillager)

Post by wneumann »

In keeping with the Patriot Act of 1940, everything in here is classified and not an "open" thread.

Pillager and I crossed over to the other side (AE) after taking a long break for the winter. I'm again playing the Allies with Pillager as His (temporarily) Serene Majesty, the Emperor. Let the rematch begin...

We're playing Scenario #6 (December 8th). PDU on, otherwise everything pretty much historical or as close to it as feasible.

At this point we're not using any house rules for this match. If anyone's aware of any commonly used house rules that may be useful or helpful in keeping our match fair and balanced (applicable to or for either side), leaving a post in here with the relevant information would be appreciated. I'll pass the information along to Pillager and we can make a decision on whether we want or need the house rule early on before things get too far along.

Just got Pillager's first turn. I've played Scenario #6 Allies vs Japanese AI into mid-1942. AE is way different from CHS. It's very hard to predict at this time the course our rematch will take. Could be much different, could be very similar. Might be worth dropping $20 for a fortune teller...

It took Pillager a little time to do his first turn, it will probably be true for me as well.
wneumann

RE: Sleepless on Samoa, the Sequel (wneumann vs Jolly Pillager)

Post by wneumann »

The Big Picture #1 – Opening Strategy, or the World as we know it on 12/08/41.

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

A few comments, if you don't mind the interference.

Firstly, why are you posting an AE AAR here in classical WITP. Surely it would be more logical to have the AAR over there where it is much more likely to garner a larger readership level.

Secondly, regarding HRs, I would certainly suggest you consider having to pay PPs for LCUs to cross land borders. Specifically at the very least Kwantung and Indian Command units would need to pay PPs before leaving Manchuria and India to fight in China and Burma respectively. You could also extend the requirement to cover Thai and Chinese units before they leave their own countries to fight in Burma.

Thirdly, there is considerable more micromanagement in AE. One area where this is particularly critical is pilot training. Whilst it is not appropriate to have a HR, both of you should have a clear understanding. If only one player engages in micromanaging their pilot training, the other will be at a severe disadvantage unless they also engage in such micromanagement. thus either you both do it, or you both don't.

Alfred
wneumann

Post by wneumann »

Alfred,

Thanks and duly noted. I'm continuing the thread over in AE.

Return to “After Action Reports”