Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

FAQ Thread for BAB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> FAQ Thread for BAB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FAQ Thread for BAB - 4/29/2010 10:08:03 PM   
Gil R.

Since some questions are being asked multiple times, and others have been asked once but will be repeated, it seems like a FAQ thread would be quite useful. So, in no particular order:

Where does the name "The Drawing of the Sword" come from?
As a matter of fact, no one has asked this, either because you all are well-educated and knowledgeable sorts, or because you lack basic curiosity. Perhaps I'll start a poll thread. Anyway, it is from a famous quote by Ulysses S. Grant: "Though I have been trained as a soldier, and participated in many battles, there never was a time when, in my opinion, some way could not be found to prevent the drawing of the sword. I look forward to an epoch when a court, recognized by all nations, will settle international differences, instead of keeping large standing armies as they do in Europe." The italicized part is what's usually quoted, without the rest of the context. So this quote is not necessarily specific to the Civil War, but it's Ulysses S. Grant, so that's good enough for us.

General questions pertaining to running BAB

What Windows operating systems will BAB run on?
XP, Vista and Windows 7

Can the game be played in widescreen resolution.
It's something we're trying to implement. Stay tuned.

Questions about the game itself

At what scale will BAB be played?
Hexes are 75 yards. The largest maps will be 5 x 10 miles.

5 x 10 miles at 75 yards/hex? Are you insane?
Yes.

Questions about modding and moddability

Will it be possible to create new scenarios?
Yes, quite easily, since all of this is in data files that can be worked on using Excel or a similar program.

Will there be a scenario editor released?
No. Not in the initial release, at least. If the game is a success and a vibrant modding community arises then we would consider creating such a program.

Will there be a map editor released?
No. However, I am willing to work with anyone who makes their own map, using our internal program to map-edit it for him if 1) it meets certain standards, 2) is not for a battle that WCS plans to include in a future BAB release, 3) has not been done previously, 4) will be shared with everyone else. So even without a map-editor, it will certainly be possible to create a good number of small and medium battlefields, assuming that you have the graphics skills to make the maps themselves. (I'll explain what I mean by "certain standards" once there are people interested in this. Maps would have to be prepared in a certain way for me to be of assistance.)

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 4/29/2010 11:45:12 PM >

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> FAQ Thread for BAB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI