No, two completely different games. When you see the changes made to the engine for BAB
you'll see why it would be nearly impossible to have it merge seamlessly with FOF.
Pity, I hoped that the strategic troop OB’s, terrain and weather conditions for a FOF battle would
export to BAB, and the results of the BAB tactical battle would import to FOF as an update
I'm curious, what aspect of FOF detailed combat would you like to see improved?
Cosmetic changes mostly.
1. I would like it better if I had time to see where the opponent moves. Currently, I usually see
one or more blurs zip around the map, and unless they stay in my LOS, I am seldom sure where
on the battlefield they exited. In addition, when making the final formation/facing change with a
unit, let me see that the order finish before jumping the view to the next unit to activate.
2. In addition, everything is TINY, even at maximum zoom. When I zoom in, the hexes should be
large, where at least twice as many figures could fit as currently do.
3. When being presented with battlefield setup options, I would like it if I could review my OB while
deciding. If I see from my OB that I am artillery shy, I might want more cover and fewer heights.
Conversely, if I had many cavalry, I might want more terrain that is open. Knowing what I am
working with would help my decision process. Of course, if you want to also provide me with what
my G2 ‘thinks’ is the enemy OB, it would be amusing.
4. Have the units face a hex corner rather than a hex side. Facing a hex corner gives a much better
forward arc, while graphically providing clear indications of the flank and rear arcs.
5. When activating troops, don’t have one side move all its troops, then the other side move all of theirs.
Instead, at the start of a turn, a random side takes an action with one of their units, and then makes a
check to see if they may do so with a subsequent unit. If they succeed (chance of success falls with each
consecutive attempt) then they activate another unit. This continues until they fail an activation check, run
out of units, or voluntarily pass to the opponent. Then the opponent uses the same process.
Now if you want to get inventive, you can modify the chance of activation success with the respective unit
commander skills, staff abilities, unit fatigue, terrain, activity type, and so forth.