Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Release] Star Trek Sound & Music Pack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> [Release] Star Trek Sound & Music Pack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Release] Star Trek Sound & Music Pack - 4/15/2010 7:06:06 AM   
Fulgaris

Here's a sound pack that I've created for the game that should be used in conjunction with Conflictx's Star Trek TC mod here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2432785

In comparison to the sounds Conflictx has included, I believe mine are more genuine to the universe.

I've managed to change quite a bit of things to make it seem more of a Star Trek atmosphere. Since the sound pack is limited, by design of the limitations of modding at present, the sounds may appear to be cross eras and races. At present, it appears there's no way to be able to change it so that a particular race has a particular sound effect (e.g. a Romulan phaser rather than a Federation one). Regardless, things sound pretty good to my ear according to the Star Trek universe. I've also changed some other things which really didn't suit my fancy, such as ambient noise, etc. Feel free to listen to each sound file and replace what you feel is necessary.

I've also managed to upload a music pack that may suit the Star Trek atmosphere.

Here's the sound pack:
http://rapidshare.com/files/376048653/Star_Trek_Sound_Pack.rar
MIRROR: http://www.filefront.com/16134923/Star_Trek_Sound_Pack.rar/
Unrar this to the Distant Worlds/Sounds/ directory. Be sure to back up your existing sound effect files, as these will override them otherwise.

Here's the music pack:
http://rapidshare.com/files/376055218/Star_Trek_Music_Pack.rar
MIRROR: http://www.filefront.com/16136921/Star_Trek_Music_Pack.rar

I'm assuming you'll be using the previously talked about TC, so just unrar this and put it in the Distant Worlds main folder. When done the "Music" folder should be in the Distant Worlds/Customization/Star Trek/ directory.

< Message edited by Fulgaris -- 4/16/2010 2:12:04 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [Release] Star Trek Sound & Music Pack - 4/15/2010 12:52:54 PM   
Conflictx

Nicely done, I wanted to update the sounds myself as the current ones were just added to add to the Star Trek feeling.
I'll add a link to this post in my post.

BSG Colonial - Ship and Base Set
DW - New HQ Shield Effect

(in reply to Fulgaris)
Post #: 2
RE: [Release] Star Trek Sound & Music Pack - 4/16/2010 3:58:53 AM   
shinobu

Thanks a lot for these Fulgaris. Downloaded and in use...

(in reply to Conflictx)
Post #: 3
RE: [Release] Star Trek Sound & Music Pack - 4/18/2010 9:01:01 PM   
deanco2

I was hoping this mod (which I like, BTW) would address the sound imbalance present when shields are gone.  Unfortunately, it makes it worse (which, I know, was not the mod's intent to fix anything).

The 'shot' sound is too soft compared to the 'hitting armor' sound.  So you have 2 ships firing at each other, and it's going pewpewpewpew then suddenly BOOM BOOM BOOM when the shields are gone.  Disturbs the neighbors.  :)

If I get some time this week I may mess with the stock sounds to address this.

BTW, why is there no 'shot hitting shields' sound?

(in reply to shinobu)
Post #: 4
RE: [Release] Star Trek Sound & Music Pack - 4/21/2010 5:43:32 PM   
code99

quote:

ORIGINAL: deanco2

I was hoping this mod (which I like, BTW) would address the sound imbalance present when shields are gone.  Unfortunately, it makes it worse (which, I know, was not the mod's intent to fix anything).

The 'shot' sound is too soft compared to the 'hitting armor' sound.  So you have 2 ships firing at each other, and it's going pewpewpewpew then suddenly BOOM BOOM BOOM when the shields are gone.  Disturbs the neighbors.  :)

If I get some time this week I may mess with the stock sounds to address this.

BTW, why is there no 'shot hitting shields' sound?

+1

maybe a volume increase for the laser sound and a volume decrease for the "armor hitting" sound might work and adding a sound for "shield hitting" would be great

the rest is quite nice

(in reply to deanco2)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> [Release] Star Trek Sound & Music Pack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI