Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple different bugs...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> A couple different bugs... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple different bugs... - 4/11/2010 5:40:34 AM   
Krelos

When you turn off pirates in the starting options, and then later encounter an abandoned ship that is supposed to trigger a pirate ambush, nothing happens. The ship never becomes claimed and the encounter never clears, you are able to re-encounter it indefinitely, always to the same lack of effect.

In the Storage Tech field, the tech "Large Passenger Compartment PC-300" comes after "Massive Passenger Compartment PC-400" which is clearly meant to be (and is) better. PC-300 in fact comes after the Mega-Density fuelcell, so it's placement there seems most certainly to be a bug.

This last one is less a bug and more an.. issue?

The two racial bonus techs, Megatron Z4(shield) and NovaCore NX-700(reactor) are considerably inferior to the techs that immediately precede them. All of the other racial bonus techs are improvements to the otherwise top level components, it makes no sense for these two to be a step backward when the player finally reaches them. Now, both are better than their predecessors in a particular way. The shield recharges faster, but has so much less maximum power that this does not even come close to making up for it. The reactor is just slightly more efficient in fuel consumption, but is extremely inferior in output, storage and size.

Thanks for listening to us and our gripes, and thanks for making a great game. I have no doubt that, with the way you guys listen to us, it will become one of the absolute best on the market.

< Message edited by Krelos -- 4/11/2010 5:54:56 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: A couple different bugs... - 4/11/2010 7:18:15 AM   
Astorax

On a related note, I had a breakthrough and got Quantam Engines and, afterward, it was trying to research Proton Thruster ZX-6. That engine appears to be one step below the Quantam engine.

(in reply to Krelos)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> A couple different bugs... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI