Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0 - 4/11/2010 12:03:43 AM   
Elrohir525

In a game started with the official 1.0.3.0 patch, I've found that neither the Expansion Planner screen nor the Galaxy Map screen (with filtering off) will properly display ice planets or moons available for the cold-loving Ugnari to colonize. For some reason, about one ice planet/moon in ten will be displayed, but the majority don't appear. Even after I manually assign a colony ship to an icy target, this isn't displayed in the expansion planner as in progress. Continental sites do appear as usual, though. I've noticed that systems that have ice planets or moons, but no other colonizable sites, are displayed on the main screen with the usual dotted line around them.

Edit

I tried a quick test with the Boskara, and had a similar problem. Continental worlds are displayed properly, but only the three volcanic moons in my home system show up in the planner. The five explored volcanic planets and moons in neighboring systems don't appear.

< Message edited by Elrohir525 -- 4/11/2010 1:12:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0 - 4/11/2010 1:31:45 AM   
Fishman

The game tends to decide that many of the ice and volcanic planets are "low value" and therefore not worth colonizing. Of course, it is wrong, but that's what it's doing. The list only contains a selection of "good" planets, and ignores the environmental attributes of the ice/volcanic races.

< Message edited by Fishman -- 4/11/2010 1:32:00 AM >

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 2
RE: Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0 - 4/11/2010 2:27:59 AM   
Elrohir525

That sounds plausible, but if there is some filtering going on under the expansion planner's hood, I hope the intrepid Matrix guys will remove it.  I want quick access to all the colonization data to make my decisions--I managed to build a powerful civilization out of those "low-value" snowballs! 

< Message edited by Elrohir525 -- 4/11/2010 3:34:10 AM >

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 3
RE: Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0 - 4/11/2010 5:10:31 AM   
elliotg

This problem is fixed for the next patch - you'll see a lot more planets in the Expansion Planner as colonization targets for these situations.

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 4
RE: Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0 - 4/11/2010 5:36:33 AM   
Elrohir525

Thanks Elliot--both for the quick reply on a weekend, and for all your hard work to make DW even better than it already is! 

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI