Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dawn of a new Age

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> After Action Reports >> Dawn of a new Age Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dawn of a new Age - 4/2/2010 5:54:23 AM   
HsojVvad

Dawn of a New Era

On the Door Step…

We stand on the threshold of a new Era. We are united as one for the first time in our history. No longer are we bickering and fighting amongst ourselves. We have come to the brink of extinction because of us not getting along, quarrelling and fighting amongst ourselves. We almost wiped out our mother planet in the process. But prevail we did. Even though we are different, with our beliefs, with our religion, even with our culture, we no longer fight amongst ourselves.

Now we are a Democratic planet united as one now. Even though I am only a figure head, the people always seem the need to fallow one person to guide them. Guide them I shall try. We are on a new phase in our evolution. No longer are we grounded to our mother planet. Now we are on the brink of leaving the Auhsoj system. We have developed technology that will be able to take us into outer space and beyond. Now we will be able to colonize and mine the other 12 planets and 25 moons in the Auhsoj system and beyond.

As I stand out on the veranda of my Palace, looking up, staring at the night sky, I can see the flashing lights of our first “Large Space Port” Freedom. This is our doorstep for the new frontier. People are already dreaming of the day they will be able to settle and colonize new worlds. For others dreams of wealth and glory.
All is well for the HsojVvad People. Finally united as one, ready to stretch our wings and explore the galaxy. All seems well as I smile of the beautiful landscape of Joshua’s Throne. As I head back in, getting ready for the Launch of our first Exploratory Space Craft, I get a sudden chill, wondering what lies await in the deep frozen ends of Space…

Date: January 16 2754

Unification

We are making our first colony ship with the hopes of reunification. Years ago to avoid the conflict when things were looking bleak some our people put themselves through exile. They put themselves through exile by launching themselves through crude space craft and settle the other marsh planet and desert moon in the Auhsoj system. This seemed to have worked since we have peace now on Auhsoj. Now that we are united as one on Auhsoj I hope we can reconcile, with no more of the prejudices that was in the past.

While plans are on the way with the reunification, The Stellar Smuggler an Explorer class Star Ship is ready for its maiden voyage. We are setting it out to explore an unusual Star to the galactic west of us. It will be our first manned Interstellar travel.

We are not alone

While we have sent out 2 probes to our nearby stars we have discovered Roorea and Fyudus.

We have found the answer to one of the most aging questions. We are not alone in the Universe.

As our probe surveyed the Roorea system, there seems to be native life on largest moon orbiting the second planet. They don’t seem to have the capability of space flight yet. They are still ignorant to our probe. Our people suggest it is time for maybe a first contact. We will make a colony ship and see if they will let us colonize their system and maybe make an alliance with them. Unification must come first though. Too long have we been without our brothers and sisters. Once we are together in our solar system, then we can start of dreams of living in faraway places.

Our Private sector has built a mine in their system. We try to tell the Private sector to keep everything inside our system for now, but dreams, or should I say greed blinds them, and make them deaf and they don’t listen. Well we can’t stop them, and we said we will do what we can, but we cannot guarantee their safety.

While we mine the closet Enutpen moons and the gas giant herself, we are on the Dawn of a new Era.

We just have looked over our designs of our ships. We tried to implement gas savings techniques. We put solar panels on all military ships, hoping when not in use, they do not consume any fuel. Well let’s see if we are correct in our assumptions here.

March 28 2754

The Auhsoj Adversity has been created. It is being sent to the moon of Nipseb. Let’s hope the beginning of unification starts of well and becomes a success.

May 22 2754

Success. We have colonized Brookie’s Paradise. We have been welcomed with open arms.

Pirates! We are being attacked by pirates. We will need to get our military fleet production in high gear now to help defend ourselves.
ARGH! Damn there are so many Pirates. Just as we were about to colonize Sol 2, just minutes away from entering the atmosphere, a pirate comes out of nowhere, and destroys all on board. It is time we refocus on expansion, and focus on dealing with these pirates now.

So far our retro fits of the solar panels on the ships seem to be a success. While there is no orders they stand still waiting for the pirates to attack. At least something is going our way. One of the Pirates asked for a bribe. We willingly conceded in giving them the money. We were losing more bases than it would be worth not paying them. Let’s just help hope our destroyers are built soon so we can take the battle to them instead of waiting for them to come to us.

We are not alone II

December 25 2754

We have finally made first contact with another race with the same space capabilities as us. They are called the Gizurean Territory. Nothing like this we have ever seen. Then again, they probably think we are just as abnormal as well. We will attempt to offer them a Trade Treaty and work from there.
These Insecticoid race doesn’t seem annoyed with us. We better be cautious with them.

Just a few days later we met another race. The Zurbea Kingdom. They seem to be on more friendlier terms.
Finally we got some Argon. It looked like each time we almost built our mining station those damn pirates would come in and destroy the mine. Well we finally got 4 more destroyers Mark II out now. Now just need to gather more resources and continue our military army.
I have this uneasy feeling; it is really going to get hectic now.

Galaxy Settings

Irregular Galaxy
Dwarf Galaxy: I still find 100 stars a lot, so to me this is a big galaxy for a playing style when playing Moo games
Independent Life: Teaming. I had a lot of them just in case there is a lot of uncolinzable planets this way they can be colonized now.
Expansion: Starting. I love starting with nothing and working my way up. So what if I fall behind the other races. How else are you going to learn. If you don’t make mistakes you can’t win.
Aggression: Nomal
Research Speed: Normal. Usually I have it at the lowest speed, but since I am learning how to play this game, I need to know what normal is and see if that is too fast for my liking or not.
Space Creatures: Normal
Pirates: Normal
Home System: Normal
Size: Starting
Tech Level: Basic. Again I like to start out with little as possible.
4 Empires randomly generated. So I am assuming there will be a total of 5 races in the game, me included.
100% control of the galaxy. Fight to the last drop. I don`t like sandbox since I found out I was playing for what? Nothing. So I thought control of 100% of the galaxy should be a good goal to achieve.
Post #: 1
RE: Dawn of a new Age - 4/2/2010 9:23:36 AM   
Gertjan

Interesting AAR. How did you get those screenshots into the posts?

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 2
RE: Dawn of a new Age - 4/2/2010 4:41:51 PM   
HsojVvad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gertjan

Interesting AAR. How did you get those screenshots into the posts?

If you look above the white box, you will see small buttons. If you click on the image button you can put the URL of the picture in there. What I did was upload my pictures to Photobucket (you can use what ever you want) and with Photobucket on the left side, scroll down a bit, there is a box that says Share this image. I choose Direct Link and highlight and right click and choose copy. Then I hit the image button at the top above the white box that we write in here, and then inbetween the brackets, I but the mouse cursor and then right click and choose paste.

Hope this helps, if I didn't explain it well enough let me know and I will try better. I am in a bit of a rush, will be back later.

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> After Action Reports >> Dawn of a new Age Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI