Matrix Games Forums

New screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!Space Program Manager will be launching on Steam
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BUG: Can't refuel at own planets...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> BUG: Can't refuel at own planets... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BUG: Can't refuel at own planets... - 3/31/2010 7:00:46 PM   
tsbwy

Can't refuel ships at my empire own planets, ships only refuel at Gas Stations, Resupply ships and Starports. But they gladly refuel at AIs empires planets and it's even possible to order refueling at others empire planets via context menu.

For example, here mine colony of LZ145. It has all both kinds of fuel.

The gas station on a picture bellow hasn't been build yet, so ordering ship to refuel at nearest refueling point, orders it to fly to nearby Gas Stations, Resupply ships or Starports at others stars.

But as soon as other empire has colonized moon at the same system, it's become possible to refuel ships at them and "refuel at nearest refueling point" option now orders ship to refuel at their colony too.

Also there is no context menu while right clicking on your empire own planets with a ship selected, cursor just changes to load / unload troops or patrol actions.

###

If AIs empires could refuel ships at their own planets, it could explain why they colonize so fast
Post #: 1
RE: BUG: Can't refuel at own planets... - 4/1/2010 1:39:16 AM   
Erik Rutins

I asked Elliot about this, as I had seen ships refuel at my own colonies.

Ships definitely do refuel at your own colonies.

Distance is a major factor in refueling - preference is given to closer locations. Also there obviously has to be fuel at the location. I think there is a minimum level of fuel before a location is considered to be a valid refueling location. Could you possibly be seeing this? Can't quite remember what the minimum level is, 1000 maybe?

Fleets will take additional factors into account when choosing the nearest refueling location: they'll subtract the refueling amount of other ships also on their way to refuel at a location - so that they hopefully don't arrive there and find not enough fuel.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tsbwy)
Post #: 2
RE: BUG: Can't refuel at own planets... - 4/1/2010 2:35:16 AM   
2ndACR

They refuel just fine on my planets, slowly, but they refuel.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: BUG: Can't refuel at own planets... - 4/1/2010 3:21:09 AM   
tsbwy

Erik, unfortunately it doesn’t work for me like you described. Here is the former independent Zenox colony LN27 which is now part of my empire. Colony has 5500 units of Hydrogen and 5216 units of Caslon.

When ordered to refuel ship Senator 003 flies to XX551 Space Port located at Perec system

I tried ordering refueling for the ship alone and when it’s part of the 5 ships fleet. In both cases ships flew to Perec system. But refueling worked just fine while LN27 was still independent colony. And it will work again as soon as Gas Mine or Space Port has been built at Zenox system.

###

Erik, I have uploaded my save game to the FTP, filename is tsbwy_refuel_bug.dwg

< Message edited by tsbwy -- 4/1/2010 3:27:07 AM >

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> BUG: Can't refuel at own planets... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI