Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Master Wishlist Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: Master Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  61 62 63 64 [65]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 2/26/2018 12:51:36 PM   
shiMusa

Hi all,

I'm not a pro in DWU, but I've seen some impressive gameplay.

Many of the suggestions here try to improve the standart 4x gameplay - which is right and important. But I want to emphasize on an aspect of the game, that really lifts it to a plane of quality games like Stellaris could only dream of:

Real macro-economics! When I saw a let's play where the player invested a ton of money into upgrading starbases into the private sector and that in turn really boosted the economy of the whole state (due to increased tax income), I was in awe.

Please make sure your realistic resource gathering/trading and usage stay and are expanded on! The liveliness of the game comes from the fact, that the universe actually does business and the economy actually works!

Cheers!

PS: as a physicist I really love the moving planets (and stars?) in the game! Could be more realistic (elliptic trajectories), but way better than just static positions (like in every other game).

< Message edited by shiMusa -- 2/26/2018 12:53:03 PM >

(in reply to SaltiMilk)
Post #: 1921
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 3/9/2018 6:36:58 PM   
syrkres

Only recently started playing but would love to see some additional features(unless I am missing something)

- Hot Keys for everything!!! (This is probably biggest play issue with this game.)
- Return to Homeworld/capital/assigned world (why do I have to manually tell my ship to return to main worlds. Bottom)
- Pirate missions (ability to click on target and create mission for pirates/mercenaries to attack/destroy)
- Ability to select a resources and then "cycle" through known sources of the resource.
- Colony "side bar" button (like most other unit types, ability to click sidebar button and list all colony ships.
- Ability to modify/override selection panel buttons (bottom).
- On Construction yards screen a checkbox to automatically move Military ships to top of queue...
- Filter Planets - right now you can "ring" systems that have habital planets, what would be nice is say filter so habital desert planets?
- Ability to filter types of missions? Smuggling/Attack/etc.

< Message edited by syrkres -- 3/25/2018 2:08:06 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 1922
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 3/18/2018 10:25:01 PM   
SaltiMilk

What i would also love is more control over being able to control what sector you assign your fleets. Just like how in Hearts Of Iron 4 you can assign your numerous navy fleets to certain areas of the sea, it would be great if i could directly control which sectors I want a fleet to protect. And when I select a fleet, it would show me right away which sectors its assigned to by highlighting the sector on the map with a light color.

Also different scales of orbital bombardment. Light and precise orbital bombardment should be lengthy and only able to destroy some troops (maybe 5-25% of troops depending on fortification levels), and only kill a very small amount of the population. Just to soften a planet up before invasion. Only causing a very limited reputation hit. While full bombardment should be the same as how is now capable of destroying everything on the planet.

< Message edited by SaltiMilk -- 3/18/2018 10:59:24 PM >

(in reply to syrkres)
Post #: 1923
Page:   <<   < prev  61 62 63 64 [65]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: Master Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  61 62 63 64 [65]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI