From: Victoria, Canada
Some other items I'd add:
- Fleets AI still needs work. It's funny... it seems the computer AI get's the better AI than I do, and my fleets are just dumb. They will fly off by themselves when not told, refuel their ships when not needed, even when under attack, and they seem to ignore the 'patrol system' order, they just fly to the system's sun and park.
- It would be good to have a construction routing order, common in other games, to rally ships to a point, system, ect, rather than have to park the fleet flagship there and join the ships to the fleet. Should be able to just give a starbase orders to send all military ships built to such and such coordinates until further notice type order?
- Would be nice to be able to give troopships an order to 'keep bringing troops to this planet battle until told otherwise' which would cause them to fly off after dropping troops, to the nearest colony that can fully load them up, and return with more troops. Manually coordinating large invasions like this is an administrative nightmare.
- And again, mentioned before, something has to be done about elapsed time for combat and fueling. It's ridiculous that it takes months to refuel a large fleet, and also ridiculous that battles take months to complete. This gives the computer AI a huge advantage, as it can monitor all it's ships simultaneously in several battles at once, while the human player must hope and flit from one battle to another micro-managing his ships to ensure they aren't doing something stupid like picking their nose in orbit while a major battle rages around them. I would suggest a setting to expand time in battles so that minutes pass, not days. This may be difficult though as it seems the underlying code seems to run real-time in all places at all times.
- Finally, what is with bases ignoring enemies until they are shot at???
Bases should immediately launch all fighters as soon as a single enemy ship or pirate are detected in the system, and begin firing long range weapons immediately at them when in range.
As mentioned above, ALL
"If there are gods, they do not care, and justice always goes to the strong. But remember this: All that is done before the naked stars is remembered" Klingon proverb.