Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor glitches

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Minor glitches Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor glitches - 3/28/2010 2:32:02 PM   
Okim

Hi.

I found two minor bugs that doesn`t impact on overall gameplay, but sometimes are quite annoying.

The first one is happening right after you delcine other race proposal. In my game Zenox constantly offer me coordinates for a secret location that i am already aware of. I refuse their offer and right after that my arrow keys as well as 'space' stops to respond. In addition mouse wheel and right button also 'locks up'.

The other bug is with design screen showing an incorrect values for passenger accomodation. Each time i remove or add enchanced passenger accomodation component it adds its space to the whole space. It even does so when i remove this component.

< Message edited by Okim -- 3/30/2010 9:25:06 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Monor glitches - 3/28/2010 4:26:56 PM   
Okim

Found a typo:   Danthas are elephant-sized animals that live on the vast desert plains of Desert worlds. Theylive in herds ranging in size from 30 to 200. Danthas migrate across the desert in search of food.

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 2
RE: Monor glitches - 3/28/2010 5:43:37 PM   
Okim

Another bug. This time in diplomacy.   When negotiating a trade after clicking on 10000 multiple times (normaly twice) i get a resulting sum of -64346 credits.

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 3
RE: Monor glitches - 3/29/2010 5:48:19 PM   
Okim

quote:

The other bug is with design screen showing an incorrect values for passenger accomodation. Each time i remove or add enchanced passenger accomodation component it adds its space to the whole space. It even does so when i remove this component.

A little update on this bug. For the first time you add medical or recreation component it prints its bonus multiplied by 5 (i.e. basic recreational center has value of 100, but it shows 500 recreation). If you add a second component the value will not increase by +100 and even +500 (as it should if you take into account this odd multiplying) but instead will jump to 1500! The third component adds +1500 etc.

If after adding two recreational centers you will add a medical center (or any lab or storage bays) the value of precreation will also increase by +1000. Removing any of these components will not subscribe any value, but instead will further increase it! Research facilities and cargo bays seem to be properly showing their values. This also happens to medical value.

After removing all the components passengers and medical values did not reset.

Here are the screenshots:

adding 1st rec center adding 2nd rec center adding one med center removing one rec center adding weapons lab removing weapons lab removed all components after moving/adding additional components

I`m using 1.02 version and i encounter this bug in all my games.

< Message edited by Okim -- 3/29/2010 5:55:12 PM >

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 4
RE: Monor glitches - 3/29/2010 5:55:27 PM   
Webbco

Now that is weird...

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 5
RE: Monor glitches - 3/29/2010 6:29:47 PM   
Okim

Found another minor bug.   In my current game my rival is blockading my gas mine. I asked him to remove his military presence from my systems. He complied and promised to remove the ships. Ships did not even move. I asked once again - the same result.   He either is laughing at me (game feature) or this is a bug.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 6
RE: Minor glitches - 3/29/2010 6:54:49 PM   
ggm

found a minor bug. scrapped a damaged ship then went into the construction or world menu and got an error. selected another ship then was able to get back into the menus.

Alas, poor Yorick!--I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rises at it.
William Shakespeare Hamlet

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 7
RE: Minor glitches - 3/29/2010 10:23:10 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thanks for these reports, Okim.

I also noticed in my 1.02 testing that an empire which promised in Diplomacy to remove its ships that were blockading one of my planets did not actually do so. Not sure yet if this is a bug or if they were just dissembling.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ggm)
Post #: 8
RE: Minor glitches - 3/29/2010 11:11:38 PM   
BigJ62

This may not actually be a bug but intentional, they are just messing with your mind - LOL. Finally a game that is true to life.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Thanks for these reports, Okim.

I also noticed in my 1.02 testing that an empire which promised in Diplomacy to remove its ships that were blockading one of my planets did not actually do so. Not sure yet if this is a bug or if they were just dissembling.

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Minor glitches Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI