More units, new battles, an exciting new Digital Army Generator now available from Matrix Games!
Matrix Games and Slitherine Strategies (www.slitherine.com) are thrilled to release Field of Glory – Rise of Rome, the much anticipated expansion to their hit ancient warfare strategy game!
Please note: Field of Glory – Rise of Rome REQUIRES ownership of the original full Field of Glory game. Also please note that the Matrix Games and Slitherine editions are identical and no differences exist between the two.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Rise of Rome greatly expands and improves the famed Field of Glory system. Both existing fans and people still on the fence about Field of Glory should have a look at the Rise of Rome expansion because there’s plenty of ancient warfare goodness to be had!”
Based on Slitherine’s popular tabletop wargaming system by the same name, Field of Glory now comes to the PC in a faithful adaptation of this acclaimed miniatures wargame! Without the calculations and measurements required for a tabletop game of Field of Glory, the PC version accurately represents ancient and medieval combat where you make the important and fun decisions on the battlefield.
Field of Glory – Rise of Rome is the first expansion pack for Field of Glory, bringing tons of new content and features in addition to a comprehensive Digital Army Generator (DAG). The DAG allows you to design armies to a specific number of points and then take these armies in to single player against the AI or online in multiplayer. Making its first ever appearance on a Slitherine title, the DAG is a powerful tool for any wargames addict! If the ability to create one’s own finely tuned army isn’t enough, Rise of Rome also includes 5 new terrain types, 6 new battles, a random battle generator, and over 100 new units including camelry, scythed chariots and artillery!
Armies in Rise of Rome include: Mid-Republican Roman, Late Republican Roman, Gallic, Pyrrhic, Later Carthaginian, Ancient Spanish, Later Macedonian, Attalid Pergamene, Numidian or Early Moorish, Later Seleucid, Later Ptolemaic, Pontic, Spartacus Slave Revolt, Early Armenian, Parthian, Later Jewish, Bosporan. Plus a selection of allied armies to bolster your main force.
Field of Glory – Rise of Rome REQUIRES ownership of the original full Field of Glory game.
- A comprehensive Digital Army Generator which allows you to design armies to a specific number of points!
- Over 100 new unit types including camelry, scythed chariots and artillery!
- 6 new battles from the Greek & Persian wars, Macedonian & Punic War's and from Rome’s expansion.
- A new Line of Sight option. Games can be played with or without LOS. Hide battlegroups in terrain, behind hills or other troops. Beware of ambushes!
- Baggage camps which appear in battle and can be looted for bonus points. Some armies are allowed to fortify their baggage.
- Temporary fortifications such as palisades which can be defended.
- 5 New terrain types: broken ground, impassable terrain, open fields, vineyards & steep hills.
- New random battle generator using armies created in the army builder for single and multiplayer.
Get more information on Field of Glory from its official product page.
< Message edited by Scott Parrino -- 8/27/2012 7:51:47 PM >
Sean Drummy Marketing and Press Relations Manager