Matrix Games Forums

Distant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of Nations
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[CLOSED] Seeking inexperienced or semi-experienced Allied Player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> [CLOSED] Seeking inexperienced or semi-experienced Allied Player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[CLOSED] Seeking inexperienced or semi-experienced Alli... - 3/7/2010 3:34:54 AM   
Cribtop

I'm ready to take the plunge - my first AE PBEM. I've played WitP & AE for the last year. I'm an experienced wargamer going back to the 80s and I have studied military history my whole life but I'm sure I have a lot to learn in AE. I plan to play Japan (hey, lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for, right?). I am fully patched up including the recent version from just a few days ago.

I've put together a first turn using Scen 1 and thus could get going quickly. Can't remember all the settings I chose but I stuck with what seem the most common - here are the important ones:

1 day turns
PDU - ON
Historical 1st Turn - OFF
Dec. 7th Surprise - ON
Allow Replacements - ON (I know they squashed this bug but left this to ON out of an excess of caution - a few clicks and we can turn everything to off in game)
Withdrawals - ON
USN torps - set to "bad," can't remember if that's ON or OFF

Proposed House Rules (open to negotiations & additions):

- Only one Port attack by Japan on Turn 1 OR Japan may only use carrier based aircraft for Port attacks on Turn 1, we can discuss but I'm comfortable with either option
- Only existing Allied TFs may be given orders on Turn 1
- No strat bombing in China by Japan
- Would prefer no strat bombing in former Allied territories until 1/1/43 but this is negotiable
- Must pay PPs to cross borders (i.e. for Kwantung Army to enter China, Indian Army restricted units to enter Burma, etc.)
- Open to doing something about "stratosphere sweeps" but not sure what can be done

I will be a very dependable and honorable opponent who won't quit on you or make gamey moves and I'd hope you would reciprocate. I should be able to get turns out pretty quickly but I do travel about twice a month for my job and thus there may be one or two day stretches about twice a month where daily turns just won't be possible.

< Message edited by Cribtop -- 3/7/2010 4:03:55 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Seeking inexperienced or semi-experienced Allied Pl... - 3/7/2010 11:32:40 AM   
Hoplosternum

Hi Cribtop,

I will give you a game on those settings. I am fine with going for scenario 2 if you prefer.

I have not that much WITPAE experience but played a lot of WITP (mostly as allies) pbem.

I am happy with all your house rules. I don't strat bomb former allied territories so am happy to extend that to 1/1/44 or more if you like. I don't really want to be doing gamey moves / exploiting things that work much better in game than they would in real life so am happy to adjust things as we go along.

I should be able to make a turn a day and am fine with breaks for work / real life issues.

Send me a Pm if you still need an opponent.

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 2
RE: Seeking inexperienced or semi-experienced Allied Pl... - 3/7/2010 4:02:57 PM   
Cribtop

Hoplosternum,

Thanks so much for the offer, but I'm afraid a PM from another opponent got to me first. Perhaps after I get this first game up and running I'll be up for a second.

(in reply to Hoplosternum)
Post #: 3
RE: Seeking inexperienced or semi-experienced Allied Pl... - 3/7/2010 4:29:31 PM   
Hoplosternum

No problem. Let me know if you do

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> [CLOSED] Seeking inexperienced or semi-experienced Allied Player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI