Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flak limit at a particular site

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Flak limit at a particular site Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flak limit at a particular site - 3/3/2010 12:37:14 PM   
vimconfused

Is there a limit to the amount of flak you can have at any one location? Has this got anything to do with the size/capacity information you can see on radar sites/ground units etc?

The reason I ask is that I've piled in a lot of flak into the ground units on the gustav line, and I'm sure some of it is disappearing whether or not they are attacked. So I'm wondering if the game is reducing the total number(/size?) of the flak down to certain level. I also see that some of these ground units are above their stated capacity. Mind you, this figure doesn't seem to change when I add or subtract flak. I haven't noticed flak disappearing from radar sites or airfields, just these ground units. (Of course I could simply be going mad!)
Post #: 1
RE: Flak limit at a particular site - 3/3/2010 1:02:00 PM   
Tuk

Yes, flak does disappear from ground units, no doubt. I assumed it was due to ground combat. I also notice little if any aparent benefit in piling on masses of flak, but that might just be circumstantial rather than design.

(in reply to vimconfused)
Post #: 2
RE: Flak limit at a particular site - 3/3/2010 3:57:41 PM   
Hard Sarge

well, troops are always good for flak traps, and the AI loves to bomb them, more then the Player normally does, and in some areas, it is very HARD not to fly over/though them, so always a use for some Flak to be there

not sure about attriction, but it sounds right

(in reply to Tuk)
Post #: 3
RE: Flak limit at a particular site - 3/6/2010 1:37:58 PM   
swift

in the old bob and btr there was kind of a limit......you only should but max 255 AAs on a site, after that the buffer was full and started from zero => 256 AA was than Zero AA and 257AA = 1..........
but that was the old BtR

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Flak limit at a particular site Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI