Air groups that don't upgrade?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DRF99

Air groups that don't upgrade?

Post by DRF99 »

Hi,

I've started my first campaign as the allies against the AI and am in mid January '42. I've noticed that there are several air groups that can't upgrade like one of the Buffalo squadrons in Singapore/Malyasia and some of the Swordfish-like torpedo squadrons that start in Hong Kong or Malyasia. Some of the B-17 squadrons that I rescued from the Philippines may not be upgradable as well as some of the oddball Indian, Australian, and NZ light bomber/floatplane groups.

What do you do with these un-upgradable groups? Training in some backwoods place? Wait for all the aircraft to be used up through losses and then disband?

Cheers,
topeverest

RE: Air groups that don't upgrade?

Post by topeverest »

To have maximum flexibility in a preset scenario, set PLayer Defined upgrades to 'On' Note there still will be a few squadrens with no upgrades.

As to uses of dead end squadrens, that is a question of tactics. Ask youself what uses are there. At a minimum it is a pilot training ground, but I think you can find search, bombing, etc uses.

Andy M

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”