updates

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

JodiSP

updates

Post by JodiSP »

Hi, I have just changed my computer and lost the updates. So my question is which updates do I need to download to get all the updates i.e. all of them or just the latest one??

thank you

Jon P
Marshall Ellis

RE: updates

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Jon P:

Upload the 1.05.05 update first then move to 1.07!
The 1.05.05 update changes the file structure quite a bit so it is good to load before 1.06 and above.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

DCWhitworth

Post by DCWhitworth »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Jon P:

Upload the 1.05.05 update first then move to 1.07!
The 1.05.05 update changes the file structure quite a bit so it is good to load before 1.06 and above.

Is that the default advice, even for people installing from new ?
Regards
David
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

YES. I would do this since the 1.05.05 update moves files and creates directories. I'm not sure that the 1.06 update does or not?
Has anybody purchased new then upgraded to 1.07.02 and all went well?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

1. Anyone purchasing new should already be getting the newest official patch included, if not, you guys might need a new release engineer.
2. This needs to be fixed. If you are requiring people to manually update the patches themselves (which you are doing... not all games do this, a lot of games do it automatically for the user) then you need to include any serious changes like this in the latest update.
DCWhitworth

Post by DCWhitworth »

ORIGINAL: NeverMan
1. Anyone purchasing new should already be getting the newest official patch included, if not, you guys might need a new release engineer.
2. This needs to be fixed. If you are requiring people to manually update the patches themselves (which you are doing... not all games do this, a lot of games do it automatically for the user) then you need to include any serious changes like this in the latest update.

1. Difficult if we're talking CDs, they may already have a stock.
2. Agreed, at the very least it needs to be adequately and clearly documented.
Regards
David
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Agreed. It should be done so that the latest patch should be the only one needed to load. Actually, we should probably bump the original purchase version to the latest version. It's time I think! Nobody should be using 1.00 anyway, right?
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

Agreed. It should be done so that the latest patch should be the only one needed to load. Actually, we should probably bump the original purchase version to the latest version. It's time I think! Nobody should be using 1.00 anyway, right?

YES, and no, I don't think so, at least I hope not, for Matrix and yourself's sake, it would give them a VERY bad impression.

For all your hard work it's only right that people should be getting the latest (and best) version.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

YES, and no, I don't think so, at least I hope not, for Matrix and yourself's sake, it would give them a VERY bad impression.

For all your hard work it's only right that people should be getting the latest (and best) version.

Absolutely!
I will check on this...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

FTW

Post by FTW »

I bought the game fairly recently (3 months ago?) and updated to 1.07, then to 1.07.01, and now 1.07.02. I never did a 1.05 load, and all seems well with my program so far as I can tell.

Hope that helps.

Return to “Tech Support”