Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first game? - 2/11/2010 5:11:46 AM   
Knavery

I'm trying to buy this game in digital download, but when I select the single game option (not the bundle), it bundles them anyway. I do not want them both nor do I want to pay 70 bucks for them. I only want Panzer Command: Kharkov. Is this something that needs to be fixed?

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM
Post #: 1
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 2/11/2010 5:15:28 AM   
junk2drive

Yes, Erik is looking into it.

(in reply to Knavery)
Post #: 2
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 2/11/2010 5:49:09 AM   
Knavery

Looks like he has it fixed now. Thanks!

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 2/11/2010 3:47:15 PM   
Erik Rutins

Glad to hear that it's working again. The bundles were disabled during the Holiday Sale and DR forgot to turn them back on.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Knavery)
Post #: 4
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/5/2010 6:48:45 PM   
TheGreatRadish

I'm trying to buy Kharkov but the store won't let me buy just PC:K - it bundles Winter Storm into the purchase too. That means I'd have to pay £45 instead of £28. I don't want Winter Storm.

Is there still an issue with this?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/5/2010 6:58:55 PM   
junk2drive

I'll have Erik look at it but you may just wait for PCO. It might be around $35 USD.

(in reply to TheGreatRadish)
Post #: 6
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/5/2010 7:05:40 PM   
TheGreatRadish

Ah wait, no need. I was using Firefox and had already clicked on the discount link, just to investigate the price (even if I tried to bin WS it stayed after going back and clicking on the normal link). So, I tried it from IE instead and, bingo, no WS as part of the package.

So, I'm happily downloading PC:K right now

Message understood about Ostfront, but I get that anyway now as a PC:K owner, right? Loved the PC:K demo - I've been a CM player for years but this is a mighty fine alternative and fresh too.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 7
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/5/2010 7:38:13 PM   
junk2drive

Yes you will get the upgrade for free. It takes a while to undo CM from your brain while learning PC but give it a chance.

Post #: 8
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/5/2010 9:51:41 PM   
TheGreatRadish

Thanks! Yeah, but I went into it with an open mind and I am pleased with what I've got. Obviously, I've got alot of fun in front of me before Ostfront.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 9
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/5/2010 9:54:41 PM   
junk2drive

Hopefully Ostfront will be out before you finish both campaigns.

Don't forget to burn a disc and write the serial number on it.

Post #: 10
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/5/2010 10:07:12 PM   
TheGreatRadish

Fully backed up with the rest of my Matrix library

Sounds like Ostfront is really close then. That kinda persuaded me to take the plunge after months of deliberation. BTW, after only the tutorial and a brief mess about with the game, I'm loving the Platoon HQ orders system. Something's not right with the random battle generator, though. I get an "Internet Explorer Script Error" message when I run it and it asks me if I want to continue running scripts on this page with most of the images not displayed.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 11
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/5/2010 10:12:16 PM   
junk2drive

There is a fix for IE in the tech section.

I hope the release is soon but you know how that goes...

Post #: 12
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/5/2010 10:14:17 PM   
TheGreatRadish

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

There is a fix for IE in the tech section.

I hope the release is soon but you know how that goes...

Cool, grabbed the fix and it's working fine now. Thanks for your speedy answers tonight!

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 13
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/5/2010 10:17:34 PM   
junk2drive

Glad to help.

Post #: 14
RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first... - 9/11/2010 4:54:41 AM   
gijas

That IE fix really helps as it gives PCK more replay value after you finish those campaigns. There are also a few user made maps in the scenario section if your interested. I found them fun to play myself.

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI