Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 11/24/2011 1:07:56 AM   
Knyvet

Leaders do not have any impact on training (I thought this was true, but the testing linked below busted this myth).

(from Damian with test results: "I still stand by my data ... leaders and veterans make no difference... except veterans skew the data (as they make a higher average) & if there are advantages they are still too small to see or be bothered with")
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2627236

Having veteran pilots in a squadron does not increase the speed at which experience is gained.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2367726

Attachment (1)

(in reply to House Stark)
Post #: 61
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 11/24/2011 1:47:34 AM   
obvert

Somewhere that I cannot find the manual states something about EXP 80 pilots helping with training. No sure if it's true. I have noticed some groups training faster than others. I think there is a quicker training with a vet of high EXP in the group. No tests done, but it's what I'll keep doing, as so far training has been quick and easy.

(in reply to Knyvet)
Post #: 62
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 11/24/2011 3:38:23 AM   
Knyvet

I think that is for TRACOM pilots

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 63
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 11/24/2011 4:03:48 AM   
obvert

TRACOM pilots do have to be above 80 EXP to get into it. But I can remember reading a piece about a veteran pilot (defined as EXP 80) being placed into a dedicated training group increasing the efficiency of the training. I've read those test threads, but I will have to do my own to make sure they are done with the methods I us to train. No time to do that now, but one day maybe. In the meantime, even if I put a vet in each group, it's not such a bad thing to save some very good pilots for later, and it can't hurt.

(in reply to Knyvet)
Post #: 64
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 11/26/2011 6:29:16 AM   
TheElf

This is a great thread. It needs to be stickied!

WAR IN THE PACIFIC: Admiral's Edition - Air Team Lead

IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 65
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 12/15/2012 8:20:02 PM   
Micah Goodman

Sinec this thread is chock full of good info I thought I would bump it for others.

(in reply to TheElf)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI