Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 11/24/2011 1:07:56 AM   
Knyvet

Leaders do not have any impact on training (I thought this was true, but the testing linked below busted this myth).

(from Damian with test results: "I still stand by my data ... leaders and veterans make no difference... except veterans skew the data (as they make a higher average) & if there are advantages they are still too small to see or be bothered with")
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2627236

Having veteran pilots in a squadron does not increase the speed at which experience is gained.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2367726

Attachment (1)

(in reply to House Stark)
Post #: 61
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 11/24/2011 1:47:34 AM   
obvert

Somewhere that I cannot find the manual states something about EXP 80 pilots helping with training. No sure if it's true. I have noticed some groups training faster than others. I think there is a quicker training with a vet of high EXP in the group. No tests done, but it's what I'll keep doing, as so far training has been quick and easy.

(in reply to Knyvet)
Post #: 62
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 11/24/2011 3:38:23 AM   
Knyvet

I think that is for TRACOM pilots

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 63
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 11/24/2011 4:03:48 AM   
obvert

TRACOM pilots do have to be above 80 EXP to get into it. But I can remember reading a piece about a veteran pilot (defined as EXP 80) being placed into a dedicated training group increasing the efficiency of the training. I've read those test threads, but I will have to do my own to make sure they are done with the methods I us to train. No time to do that now, but one day maybe. In the meantime, even if I put a vet in each group, it's not such a bad thing to save some very good pilots for later, and it can't hurt.

(in reply to Knyvet)
Post #: 64
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 11/26/2011 6:29:16 AM   
TheElf

This is a great thread. It needs to be stickied!

WAR IN THE PACIFIC: Admiral's Edition - Air Team Lead

IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 65
RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools - 12/15/2012 8:20:02 PM   
Micah Goodman

Sinec this thread is chock full of good info I thought I would bump it for others.

(in reply to TheElf)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Very Confused About Pilot Pools Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI