Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

new new 2010 games list

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> new new 2010 games list Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new new 2010 games list - 2/6/2010 7:42:58 PM   
freeboy

ok, not all these will be winners, but the list gets bigger!
Soon to be released, 45 days or less:
Napoleon Total War
Hoi2 Arsonal of Democracy
Karkov 43
Kursk 43
WW1 ageod
Making history 2 ( us release)

and not so soon
Battles of the Bulge, panther games... sooner or later but could not add this as its been a long long time since it was to be released in 08!!!
WITE, perhaps one of the most anticipated new games for fans of GG and armored warfare in the Eastern Front...

My top pic, tough one....Probably in the sim catagory its BF's Kursk, impressive and if they get it right lots of interesting upgrades to the origonal TOW
and for the grand strategy, although Nappy has tradition on its side, empired was such a DUD, I am going with AOD(HOI2) and then in the long run WITE, remember this could be a 2011 game, you just never know

Also looking at getting another air sim... BUT do not play online! anyway... looks like 2010 will NOT be 2009, a year that was really barren for most of us...
Post #: 1
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/6/2010 9:38:14 PM   
Josh

Thought you was another spambot... new new
Well anyways, quite an impressive list you got there, you're forgetting LockandLoad which is nearing completion too. Just look at that gorgeous screenshot Mark posted there... drool.
I d/l the BF Kursk demo, but as always I'm struggling with the camera controls, then again maybe I should put some more time into it. It does look nice though.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 2
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 1:51:08 AM   
freeboy

The nicest looking sim seems to be the grivateam Karkov, butthey are an unknown qauntity for quality sake, could be great could be awefull,
What does lock and load do? fps? never quite got into those.. tend more to non sims .. please place L and L link if you do not mind.. I will check it out...

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 1:57:38 AM   
Adam Parker

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

WW1 ageod

Hi Freeboy. Have you managed to work out what they're going to charge for this patch? My game hasn't been played since I bought it.

Thanks for the heads up. I rarely visit Ageod now.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 4
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 2:58:53 AM   
killroyishere

Napoleon Total War - meh another CA loser

Hoi2 Arsonal of Democracy - meh another Patchdox loser

Karkov 43 - not an empire builder not my cup of tea and crumpets?

Kursk 43 - don't know this one but not really into single battles anymore

WW1 ageod - didn't they already do this once and messed up badly?

Making history 2 ( us release - YESSSSSS at least one decent one out of the pack!

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 5
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 3:53:18 AM   
Peter Fisla

I'm waiting for patch 1.4 before I dive into HOI3, also waiting for another patch for War in the Pacific AE before I seriously dive into the campaign. Kharkov 43 is going to be great I hope, so I'm picking that one up. And that's pretty much it...don't have time for anything else as most of my time is spent on ASL.

Peter

(in reply to killroyishere)
Post #: 6
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 7:00:45 AM   
freeboy

Well wipt AE is the game for folks that want to lose themselves in a day/turn recreation of ww2! OMG my pbem game rules...
BUT for those that want strategy games they can play agains tthe computer.. the list looks full of promise, and do not forget WITE is getting into beta land soon the   ng long long long awaited Bulge game from PAnther may e the sleeper game of the year, or not.. It really has great potential, but again we will see...
I included Napy TW due to the heritage of all the good tw before it.. but you never know.... I keep hoping for soemthing like TF 1942 from Micro prose.. that was an amazing sim and although the graphics where terrible by todays standards they did lots of cool stuff for night combat.. in PAc in WW2...
ok.. what else do we not have on the list??? no FPS, not my thing.. and we nee agreat air sim... really, I love Il-2 but it is old old old and what ever happened to WW1?

In regard to Ageod and the releaseof WW1, it actually is playabel on very fast machine now, after many patches ... not fully tested by myself but I like how much they are putting into it with growth politics, espenaige and a neat combat system, unfortunate early release on the origonal and no idea what nominal charge to upgrade to gold will be... remember they are now owned by paradox so the y could afford to give owners of the origonal a great price, I am committed to the project regardless of these issues simply as a fan who wants to see them succeed with these types of cutting edge new designes...

The suprise of the week is , for me, Aod a re release of HOI@, and will I really dislike continual play games... this  re release is everything I love about the industry.. GAMEERS who love their toys tweeking them to make them better ala all the mods and scenarios that keep us playing games like MTW2.. I love stainless steel mod.. and TOAW3 and others that keep living well past htere intended archetecture due to the creative addaptions gamers add ... and the list goes on...

Who is silent in MATRIXLAND games??? Well Vic at AT gave us poeples war and then Advanced tactics and since last AUG has not posted anythin gI have seen regarding the next at... perhaps its an issue with MT, or other but AT was such a good engine for designing games... noticed there is now a free campaign for it through thegamnes home site.. oh well did not meen to turn this int oa blog.. and feel FREE to disagree, afterall this is the point...

Also if you are playin ga great WW2 navel sim, PLEASE let me know....

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 7
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 12:24:33 PM   
Josh

About Lock and Load, here's the website: http://www.locknloadgame.com/
They mainly produce boardgames, but after having been working on the L and L pc-game for years... it looks like it will be realeased this year.
Mark Walker is not a regular forumdweller, so he doesn't update that much, he even removed his own forum at the L and L site. But they have a subforum here at Matrix: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=185
Take a look at this screenie for instance.

cute huh? 1600x900 resolution.

And Victor is working hard on some new games, there will be a more "grognard" version of AT. The other games he's working on are still a suprise.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 8
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 12:30:27 PM   
killroyishere

I've found it's getting easier and easier just to wait out new releases of old games. I just don't see the point of throwing money into repeats and tweaks or worst of all paying to be a beta tester for Patchdox games. It would appear all the great games have already been produced as I just haven't seen anything in years that jumps out and says buy me now. Also nowadays if it isn't the game that's bad it's the deliverence of the games through these download sites (digital river one of them) that screw up your order or doesn't have record of your order or you get to the last few mb's of the download and it stops or disconnects (D2D now) and you have to start all over downloading again an again. I'm about as sic to death of new releases of old games as I am Civil War, Napoleon and WW2 repeated games. Where's the new stuff?

But there is hope:
1. Battles from the Bulge (yeah another WW2 battle we've played 100 times)

2. Norbsofts Gettysburg (should be out by March but yep yet another Civil War battle game)

3. Lock n Load Heroes of Stalingrad (another promised this year game and another WW2 adventure)

4. Elemental (Stardock fantasy game YAY! finally something new in the fantasy wargame dept. since Age of Wonder and the repeated V times HOMM series.)

Will we ever see them games:

1. CMx2 Normandy (battlefront)

2. Panzer Command Western Europe (at least it's a great engine of WW2 just need to fix infantry modeling)

3. CWIF (Matrixgames version - fearing it's going to meet the Combat Leader trash bin eventually, but, it is just another Grand Scale WW2 game)

4. Pacific War land battle games or campaigns? Will we ever see a good land game of Guadacanal like Avalon Hill made so many years ago?

New games some might have overlooked or missed that are pretty good:

1. Conquest:Realms (Slitherine - excellent little beer & pretzels game with a good ai after several patches and easy MP fun)

2. Solium Infernum (a game for supremacy rule of hell and quite different and fun most inovative game I've played in a decade or more.)

3. Strength & Honor 2 (Magitech games - finally a Roman ancient game with decent graphics and a quality ai and more areas of that time period than RTW)

4. Takada III (Another Magitech game based on Feudal Japan with improved graphics and yet another quality ai. You can lose this one if you don't play the economy game well.)

5. Sango II (Another Magitech game simular to Romance of the 3 Kingdoms era. Decent graphics and once again a very good ai)

The above 5 are what I'm talking about when I ask "Where is the new stuff". I would like to see more and more beer & pretzels games and more games on different wars and empire building than WW2, American Civil War and Napoleon. What I wouldn't give for a turn based Pirates of the Sea game?? or some Swashbuckling turn based melee game like Avalon Hill made where you can throw chairs and shove tables and swing from ceiling lamps or throw daggers and sword fight etc. etc. Even something using the X-Com combat engine but set in the Old West and turn based of course. Oh well live and dream.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 9
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 1:12:26 PM   
Adam Parker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Take a look at this screenie for instance.

Oooh those Russian ATG's look set to bite! Damn fine looking game - award winning art - no, unprecedented art. If it comes out and works it will be an evolutionary step in PC war/strategy gaming imo.

I'm 100% behind supporting this game when it arrives with my wallet. And I pray it succeeds.

The only thing to look out for is the rulebook. Mark tends to make his rules conversational rather than instructional. I hope someone at Matrix is helping out with a once over.

This game will capture the HPS Squad Battles market with ease and those gamers are used to a pretty straight forward rules experience. My .02.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 10
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 8:22:22 PM   
hgilmer3

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but Napoloen TW is some thing I am not looking forward to and will not buy until it is in the bargain bin, if then.  Empire Total War burned me with the sad game play.  They've patched it to be better, but I'm just not going to round and round with this series again.

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 11
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 8:23:35 PM   
hgilmer3

WW1 Aegod sounds intriguing.

(in reply to hgilmer3)
Post #: 12
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 11:12:02 PM   
doomtrader

Storm over the Pacific is going to be released in less than 45 days.

(in reply to hgilmer3)
Post #: 13
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 11:28:47 PM   
Bison36

Looking forward to hearing how the navys are handled. The screenshots didn't really show the naval aspect. I thought I saw some naval groups, but the combat units looked limited to ground forces. How the naval aspect of the conflict is handled will be a big determiner of whether or not I get this game.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 14
RE: new new 2010 games list - 2/7/2010 11:29:45 PM   
doomtrader

More information are going to be released soon.

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> new new 2010 games list Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI